- Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- 2017-18 Schedule
- Ticket Information
- Ohio State Notes
- Iowa Notes
- Big Ten Release
- Holtmann Press Conference
- Bates-Diop, Tate Press Conference
Ohio State Buckeyes (11-4, 2-0) vs. Iowa Hawkeyes (9-7, 0-3)
|Date:||Jan. 4, 2018|
|Site:||Carver-Hawkeye Arena (15,400)|
|Game Time:||7:01 p.m. ET|
|Talent:||Drew Fellios (Play-By-Play)
Robbie Hummel (Expert Analysis)
|Radio:||OSU-IMG Sports Network (63 stations)|
|Satellite Radio:||Sirius 81/XM 81|
|Radio Talent:||Paul Keels (Play-By-Play)
Ron Stokes (Expert Analysis)
Starting Five, Plus One
• The family of junior Keita Bates-Diop is working to give back after Kai, Keita's younger brother, suffered cardiac arrest and was revived by athletic trainers last year at a high school practice. The family is working to raise funds for organizations to purchase automated external defibrillators (AED), a device used by University High School (Bloomington, Ill.) athletic trainers Maddie Biehl and Emily Martz, to revive Kai last February. Read more at http://www.go.osu.edu/KBDFamily.
• By the Numbers: Keita Bates-Diop needs 19 points to reach 900 for his career...he is four blocks shy of 100 career rejections. C.J. Jackson is 17 points shy of 400 for his career. Jae'Sean Tate needs 18 points to reach 1,300 career points. Kam Williams is two points short of 900 for his career...after a 3-3 effort from long range, Williams has made 150 3s during his career, good for the No. 7 spot all-time in Ohio State history...Scoonie Penn and Brent Darby are tied for the No. 5 spot with 153.
• Ohio State has played both teams that competed for the 2017 NCAA title last year. The Buckeyes fell to No. 17 Gonzaga (86-59) in Portland, Oregon, in the PK80 Invitational Nov. 23. The Bulldogs fell to North Carolina in the 2017 National Championship game. The Buckeyes faced the Tar Heels Dec. 23 in New Orleans in the 2017 CBSSports Classic. No. 5 North Carolina won that game 86-72.
The last time Ohio State played both teams that participated in the national title game from the previous season was in 1993-94 when the Buckeyes traveled to No. 2 North Carolina and fell to the Tar Heels 81-68 Dec. 18, 1993 and faced Michigan twice, home and away. Ohio State fell in overtime at No. 10 Michigan 86-75 Jan. 13, 1994 and at home to No. 11 Michigan 72-70 Feb. 13, 1994. North Carolina defeated Michigan for the 1993 National Championship.
The last time Ohio State played a pair of Final Four participants from the previous season was in 2015-16 when Ohio State played Kentucky, Wisconsin and Michigan State, all three were Final Four participants in 2015. Ohio State defeated No. 4 Kentucky 74-67 in the CBSSports Classic (12/19/15). The Buckeyes were 0-3 vs. No. 2 Michigan State and 0-1 vs. Wisconsin, the national runner-up in 2015, during the 2016 Big Ten season.
• Both Jae'Sean Tate and Keita Bates-Diop, along with fifth-year transfer Andrew Dakich, are college graduates. Tate (sport industry) and Bates-Diop (economics) earned Ohio State degrees after three and a half years when they went through graduation ceremonies Dec. 17 in Columbus. Dakich (history) is a graduate of Michigan playing his final year of eligibility at Ohio State as a graduate transfer. Both Dakich and Tate are working on graduate degrees in coaching. Bates-Diop is now working on a minor in psychology. As a team, the Buckeyes posted a team GPA of 3.1 last semester with 10 student athletes earning a 3.0 and five earning a 3.5 GPA.
• Bates-Diop reached 400 rebounds (455) for his career with seven vs. Clemson…he’s averaging 8.7 boards a game this season with 130 caroms in 15 games…Jae’Sean Tate reached 1,200 career points with 16 at Wisconsin this year (1,282)…he’s averaging 12.5 points a game this season and 11.7 ppg. for his career…Tate ranks No. 32(t) all-time in career scoring with Jared Sullinger (1,282).
30. Jamar Butler 1,313
31. Clark Kellogg 1,285
32. Jared Sullinger 1,282
Jae'Sean Tate 1,282
C.J. Jackson has 11 games this season with 10 or more points, including 10 in the last 12 games ...he has 33 assists and 14 turnovers in the last seven games ...Ohio State played in its 300th game this decade (2010-18) vs. The Citadel and is 221-81 after the the win over Miami, Ohio. The Buckeyes have put together the winningest decade on Ohio State history.
• Tate is one of just five players in the NCAA this season to make every field goal attempt in a game in which they took double-digit shots after connecting on all 10 field goal attempts vs. Northeastern...Tate is second nationally in field goal percentage (.579) among players 6-4 or shorter.
For more on the Buckeyes, click on the Ohio State Notes link above.
🏀 Ohio State Basketball Court Fan Vote 🏀
Holtmann Talks 2017-18 Season