Dec. 18, 2013
No. 3 Ohio State (11-0) 76, Delaware (5-6) 64
BlackRock Gotham Classic
Dec. 18, 2013
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
• Ohio State leads the all-time series with Delaware 3-0 and is 8-2 all-time vs. teams currently representing the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA).
• The final game of the BlackRock Gotham Classic is set for this Saturday, Dec. 21, vs. Notre Dame at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Game time is 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
• The Buckeyes went on a 12-0 run over the final 3:31 of the first half. The run extended to 15-0 entering the second half.
• Five players scored in double figures for Ohio State: LaQuinton Ross (19), Lenzelle Smith Jr. (14), Aaron Craft (12), Amir Williams (11) and Amedeo Della Valle (10).
• With 10 wins to start the 2013-14 season, Ohio State now has won 10 or more consecutive games in 13 seasons all-time. This year also marks the sixth year in which an Ohio State teams has won 10 or more games to start the season.
• Ohio State has won 77-consecutive home games against unranked opponents, 50 consecutive against unranked nonconference opponents. The last loss was Dec. 27, 2008 vs. West Virginia.
• Ohio State is 107-6 all-time vs. non-conference opponents at Value City Arena.
• As a ranked team, No. 3 Ohio State is 466-124 all-time. The Buckeyes are 332-73 when ranked in the AP Top 10.
• OSU held a 25-16 edge on the glass. This season the Buckeyes have outrebounded opponents on seven occasions, posting a 408-371 overall advantage.
• Ohio State owned a 20-4 edge in points scored in the paint and 18-9 edge in fast break points.
• The Buckeyes held Delaware to season-low 64 points. Entering the game, Ohio State ranked third nationally in scoring defense (54.6 ppg).
• Thad Matta is 261-73 during his career at Ohio State and 363-104 overall as a head coach.
• Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 213-22 record as Ohio State head coach. Matta is 143-2 against unranked opponents at home.
• Matta has directed Ohio State to at least 10 wins during non-conference play in each of his 10 seasons in Columbus. Matta is 131-23 vs. non-conference competition.
• Matta owns a 163-14 home record as head coach of the Buckeyes.
• Matta is 60-9 in the month of December as OSU head coach.
• LaQuinton Ross led all scorers with 19 points.
• Ross totaled a career-high three blocks.
• Ross has scored in double figures in five of the last six games.
• Aaron Craft collected four steals against Delaware. He ranks third all-time in Big Ten history with 276. He needs 25 steals to pass Gary Grant (300) for second all-time and 49 to pass Gary Grant for 324.
• With three rebounds, Craft reached 400 for his career.
• Had four assists against the Blue Hens. He is Ohio State’s all-time assist leader with 582 for his career.
• Craft scored 12 points. He ranks 43rd all-time at Ohio State with 1,082 career points. He needs 19 points to pass Mel Nowell (1,100) for 42nd.
• Amir Williams posted his third career double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Owls on Deck for Buckeyes