Dec. 14, 2013
No. 3 Ohio State (10-0) 79, North Dakota State 62 (7-4)
BlackRock Gotham Classic
Dec. 14, 2013
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
- The matchup Saturday was the first meeting between Ohio State and North Dakota State. Ohio State is 6-1 all-time vs. teams currently representing the Summit League.
- The Buckeyes went on a 22-8 run from the end of the first half into the second. During the 7:27 minute run, OSU built a 53-34 lead.
- Four players scored in double figures for Ohio State: LaQuinton Ross (18 points), Lenzelle Smith Jr. (18), Sam Thompson (12) and Marc Loving (12).
- The Buckeyes shot 52.9 percent (27-51) for the game, their fifth-consecutive game shooting better than 50 percent as a team. Ohio State has not put together a string of five-consecutive games shooting 50 percent or better since Thad Matta took over for the 2004-05 season.
- Ohio State has won 76-consecutive home games against unranked opponents, 49 consecutive against unranked nonconference opponents. The last loss was Dec. 27, 2008 vs. West Virginia.
- Ohio State is 106-6 all-time vs. non-conference opponents at Value City Arena.
- As a ranked team, No. 3 Ohio State is 465-124 all-time. The Buckeyes are 331-73 when ranked in the AP Top 10.
- Ohio State scored 29 bench points vs. North Dakota State. The Buckeye bench has outscored opposing benches 226-120 this season.
- Ohio State held North Dakota State to 5-17 shooting from 3-point range. Opponents are shooting 23.2 percent (39-168) from 3 against OSU this season.
- Ohio State owned a 36-26 rebounding advantage over North Dakota State. This season the Buckeyes have outrebounded opponents on six separate occasions, posting a 362-341 overall advantage.
- OSU held a 30-24 advantage in points scored from the paint.
- Matta is 260-73 during his career at Ohio State and 362-104 overall as a head coach.
- Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 212-22 record as Ohio State head coach. Matta is 142-2 against unranked opponents at home.
- Matta owns a 162-14 home record as head coach of the Buckeyes.
- Matta is 59-9 in the month of December as OSU head coach.
- With seven assists vs. the Bison, Craft became Ohio State’s all-time assist leader with 581 for his career.
- Collected one steal against North Dakota State. Craft is now tied with Pat Baldwin of Northwestern for fifth all-time in Big Ten History with 272 career steals
- Ranks 45th all-time at Ohio State with 1,070 career points. He needs four to pass Carter Scott for 44th.
- Scored a career-high 12 points
Buckeyes’ 2017-18 Schedule Set
Summer Update - C.J. Jackson
Musa Jallow Added to Roster for 2017-18