Dec. 14, 2011
Box Score |
No. 2 Ohio State 82 (9-1), USC-Upstate 58 (6-5)
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Dec. 14, 2011
- The win vs. USC Upstate was the 31st-consecutive victory at home for Ohio State dating back Michigan Feb. 27, 2010.
- The Buckeyes move to 1-0 vs. USC Upstate all-time and 13-0 all-time vs. members of the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- As a ranked team, Ohio State is 404-109 overall and when ranked in the AP Top 10, the Buckeyes are 283-60.
- When ranked in the Top 3 of the Associated Press, Ohio State is 140-21.
- As the AP No. 2 ranked team in the nation, Ohio State improves to 37-9 overall.
- Against non-conference opponents, Ohio State is 89-5 (.945) at Value City Arena and 151-24 overall.
- In their last 63 games, the Scarlet and Gray are 57-6.
- The win vs. Upstate was the 106th win vs. an unranked opponent at Value City Arena.
- Ohio State has won 103 of its last 104 games against unranked opponents in Columbus.
- The Buckeyes own a 112-2 record vs. unranked opponents at home since 2004-05.
- Since the 2009-10 season, the Buckeyes are 46-1 at Value City Arena.
- This is the 271st-consecutive game Ohio State has made at least one 3-point field goal (1/10/04 vs. Penn State was the last game with zero made).
- Matta’s career record moves to 301-89 overall and 199-58 at Ohio State.
- Ohio State is 45-7 in December under Coach Matta.
- Ohio State is now 132-23 overall at Value City Arena and 128-10 under Matta.
- Matta is now 166-20 overall vs. unranked teams and 112-2 in Columbus.
- Matta is 101-19 vs. non-conference competition at Ohio State.
- The Buckeyes are 167-20 under Matta when leading at the half.
- Ohio State is 184-5 under Matta when leading with five minutes to play.
- When shooting a better percentage than the opponent, Ohio State improves to 176-18 under Matta.
- The Buckeyes improve to 168-45 when limiting themselves to under 15 total turnovers (Ohio State had 13 turnovers vs. Upstate).
- The start was Buford’s 108th donning the Scarlet and Gray.
- Buford scored 14 points for the Buckeyes, improving his career total to 1,587. He is 11th place in Ohio State career scoring. He is 10 behind Robin Freeman (1,597) for 10th place in Ohio State career scoring.
- It was the ninth time this season Buford has scored in double figures.
- Buford had one rebound to push his career total to 513. He is one of 16 former Buckeyes in the prestigious 1,500 point and 500 rebound club.
- Buford had three assists. He now has 290 for his career.
- With six points, Craft now has 351 for his career. It’s the sixth time this season and 15th time in his career he has scored in double figures.
- Craft had five steals. He has 102 for his career. He has had at least one steal in all 10 games this season.
- Craft had four assists to push his career total to 231. He has had at least three in every game this season. He has 37 in his last six games.
- Thomas had a season high 23 points. It is the 20th time in his career he has scored in double figures.
- It is also the ninth-consecutive game Thomas has scored in double figures.
- Besides the season opener, Thomas has scored double figures in every game this season.
- Thomas’ three assists tied a career high.
- Thomas’ 10 made field goals are a career high (previous high was 7 vs. Kansas, 12/10/11).
- The game vs. Upstate was the first game Sullinger has come off the bench in his career.
- Sullinger finished the contest with 12 points and 10 rebounds. It was the eighth time this season he has scored in double figures.
- It was the 23rd time in Sullinger’s career he has recorded a double-double, including five this season.
- Thompson’s eight points tied a career high (vs. VMI, 11/23/11)
- Thompson’s 21 minutes played are a career high (19 vs. Jackson State, 11/18/11)
- Ravenel made his third consecutive start. Ravenel finished with nine points.