Dec. 11, 2013
No. 3 Ohio State (9-0) 86, Bryant (6-5) 48
BlackRock Gotham Classic
Dec. 11, 2013
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
• The game Wednesday was the first meeting between Ohio State and Bryant. Ohio State is 10-0 all-time vs. members of the Northeast Conference. OSU defeated conference member Central Connecticut State 74-56 Saturday.
• The Buckeyes shot 52.5 percent (32-61) for the game, their fourth-consecutive game shooting better than 50 percent as a team. The last time OSU hit on half its shots over a four game stretch was in 2008-09 (Michigan State, Michigan, at Indiana, Purdue).
• Ohio State has won 75-consecutive home games against unranked opponents, 48 consecutive against unranked non-conference opponents. The last loss was Dec. 27, 2008 vs. West Virginia.
• Ohio State is 105-6 all-time vs. non-conference opponents at Value City Arena.
• As a ranked team, No. 3 Ohio State is 464-124 all-time. The Buckeyes are 330-73 when ranked in the AP Top 10.
• Ohio State scored 33 bench points vs. Bryant. The Buckeye bench has outscored opposing benches 197-106 this season.
• Ohio State held Bryant to 6-24 shooting from 3-point range. Opponents are shooting 22.5 percent (34-151) from 3 against OSU this season.
• The Buckeyes scored 22 points off of 19 Bryant turnovers. Ohio State had 13 steals as a team, the third time this season OSU has had 10 or more team steals in a game.
• OSU owned a commanding 44-18 edge in points scored in the paint.
• All 10 players that saw playing time scored for Ohio State.
• Ohio State had a season-high 10 blocks as a team.
• The Buckeyes held Bryant scoreless for the final 5:27 of play in the first half, outscoring the Bulldogs 15-3 and forcing Bryant into eight-consecutive missed shots.
• Matta is 259-73 during his career at Ohio State and 361-104 overall as a head coach.
• Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 211-22 record as Ohio State head coach. Matta is 141-2 against unranked opponents at home.
• Matta owns a 161-14 home record as head coach of the Buckeyes.
• Matta is 58-9 in the month of December as OSU head coach.
• Ranks 45th all-time at Ohio State with 1,064 career points. He needs 10 to pass Carter Scott for 44th.
• Collected two steals against the Bulldogs. With 271 career steals, Craft remains sixth all-time in Big Ten history. He needs two steals to pass Pat Baldwin of Northwestern (272) for fifth.
• Had four assists against Bryant. He ranks second on the all-time list at Ohio State with 574. He needs six assists to pass Jamar Butler (579) for first.
• Tied a career high with six blocks. The last time Williams recorded six blocks was vs. Iowa (1/22/13).
• Recorded a career-high six points on 3-of-3 shooting.
Texas Southern Up Next For Buckeyes