Postgame Notes: No. 5 Ohio State 74, Central Connecticut State 56
Dec. 7, 2013
No. 5 Ohio State (8-0) 74, Central Connecticut State (2-6) 56
Dec. 7, 2013
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
• Ohio State is 3-0 all-time vs. Central Connecticut State and 9-0 vs. current members of the Northeast Conference.
• Three players scored in double figures for Ohio State: LaQuinton Ross (23), Lenzelle Smith Jr. (17) and Amir Williams (11).
• Ohio State has won 74-consecutive home games against unranked opponents, 47 consecutive against unranked non-conference opponents. The last loss was Dec. 27, 2008 vs. West Virginia.
• Ohio State is 105-6 all-time vs. non-conference opponents at Value City Arena.
• As a ranked team, No. 5 Ohio State is 463-124 all-time. The Buckeyes are 329-73 when ranked in the AP Top 10.
• OSU scored 26 points off of a season-high 20 CCSU turnovers.
• Ohio State held CCSU to 2-11 shooting from 3-point range. Opponents are shooting 22 percent (28-127) from 3 against OSU this season.
• Matta is 258-73 during his career at Ohio State and 360-104 overall as a head coach.
• Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 212-22 record as Ohio State head coach. Matta is 140-2 against unranked opponents at home.
• Matta owns a 160-14 home record as head coach of the Buckeyes.
• Matta is 57-9 in the month of December as OSU head coach.
• Led all scorers with a career-high 23 points.
• Set a season-high for the team with the 23 point performance and scored 20 or more points for the second-consecutive game.
• Ranks 46th all-time at Ohio State with 1,057 career points. With his seven points vs. CCSU, Craft passed Ken Johnson and Jamie Skelton for 46th. He needs 17 to pass Carter Scott for 44th.
• Collected one steal against the Blue Devils. With 269 career steals, Craft remains sixth all-time in Big Ten history. He needs four to pass Pat Baldwin of Northwestern (272) for fifth.
• Had two assists against CCSU. He ranks second on the all-time list at Ohio State with 570. He needs 10 assists to pass Jamar Butler (579) for first.
Jent Returns to Men's Basketball Program