Dec. 1, 2012
No. 4 Ohio State (5-1) 70, Northern Kentucky (0-5) 43
Dec. 1, 2012
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
• Ohio State and Northern Kentucky met for the first time Saturday. The Buckeyes are 13-0 all-time against members of the Atlantic Sun Conference.
• As a ranked team (AP), No. 4 Ohio State is 431-117 all-time. Ohio State is 310-68 when ranked in the Top 10.
• Three players scored in double figures for Ohio State: LaQuinton Ross (22 points), Deshaun Thomas (14) and Sam Thompson (10).
• The Buckeyes held the Norse to a season-low 27.1 percent from the field (16-59) and a season-low 43 points.
• Ohio State held a 32-11 advantage in points off the bench.
• Scored 22 points off of 21 Northern Kentucky turnovers.
• Shot a season-best 85 percent from the free throw line (17-20).
• Matta is 226-66 during his career at Ohio State and 328-97 overall as a head coach.
• In his nine seasons as Ohio State head coach, Matta has compiled a 72-2 record against non-conference opponents at home and a 113-21 record overall against non-conference foes. His teams have never failed to win at least 10 non-Big Ten games.
• During the Matta era at Ohio State, the Buckeyes are 44-6 in November and have a record of 187-21 vs. unranked opponents. Over the last three years, the Buckeyes are 57-1 vs. unranked foes.
• Ohio State owns a 140-12 home record during the Matta era. The Buckeyes are 58-3 in Columbus over the past four seasons.
• Led all scorers with career-high 22 points. Also collected a career-high eight rebounds.
• Recorded four steals against the Norse, a season high. He has 181 for his career, good for No. 3 all-time in Ohio State history. David Lighty (2007-11) is No. 2 with 191. Jay Burson (1986-89) is Ohio State’s career leader with 204.
• Collected a season-high five rebounds.
• Scored 14 points for a career total of 1,023 at Ohio State, passing Jason Singleton (1,022 points) for 47th on the all-time scoring list.
• Tied a career-best with seven rebounds.
Amedeo Della Valle
• Tied a career best with three points.
Texas Southern Up Next For Buckeyes