Postgame Notes: No. 7 Ohio State 65, Wyoming 50
Nov. 25, 2013
No. 7 Ohio State (5-0) 65, Wyoming 50 (4-2)
Nov. 25, 2013
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
• Ohio State is 3-1 all-time vs. Wyoming and 9-6 vs. current members of the Mountain West Conference.
• Three players scored in double figures for Ohio State: Lenzelle Smith Jr. (20 points), Amir Williams (12) and Aaron Craft (10).
• Ohio State has won 71-consecutive home games against unranked opponents, 44 consecutive against unranked non-conference opponents. The last loss was Dec. 27, 2008 vs. West Virginia.
• Ohio State is 102-6 all-time vs. non-conference opponents at Value City Arena.
• As a ranked team, No. 7 Ohio State is 460-124 all-time. The Buckeyes are 326-73 when ranked in the AP Top 10.
• Ohio State held Wyoming without a field goal over the final 10:01 of play, outscoring the Cowboys 17-3 during that time.
• OSU held UW to 16 second-half points, the third time this season the Buckeyes have held an opponent under 20 points in a half.
• OSU owned a 22-6 edge in fastbreak points. The Buckeyes outrebounded the Cowboys 42-29.
• Matta is 255-73 during his career at Ohio State and 357-104 overall as a head coach.
• Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 209-22 record as Ohio State head coach. Matta is 137-2 against unranked opponents at home.
• Matta owns a 157-14 home record as head coach of the Buckeyes.
• Matta is 48-6 in the month of November as OSU head coach.
• Ranks 47th all-time at Ohio State with 1,024 career points. He passed Jason Singleton (1,022). He needs 32 points to pass Ken Johnson and Jamie Skelton for 46th.
• Collected one steal against the Cowboys. With 262 career steals, Craft remains sixth all-time in Big Ten history. He needs 11 to pass Pat Baldwin of Northwestern (272) for fifth.
• Had three assists against Wyoming. He ranks second on the all-time list at Ohio State with 557. He needs 23 assists to pass Jamar Butler (579) for first.
• Collected a career-high 16 rebounds
• Recorded his second career double-double with 12 points and 16 rebounds.
Lenzelle Smith Jr.
• Led all scorers with a season-high 20 points.
Jent Returns to Men's Basketball Program