Nov. 21, 2011
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
No. 3 Ohio State 85 (4-0), North Florida 50 (1-4)
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
2011 Global Sports Shootout
Nov. 21, 2011
- The win was the 26th-consecutive victory at home for Ohio State, dating back to a 66-55 win over Michigan Feb. 27, 2010. It’s the fourth-longest streak in Buckeye history.
- This was the first ever meeting between Ohio State and North Florida. The Buckeyes improve to 12-0 all-time vs. members of the Atlantic Sun Conference. The most recent meeting between the Buckeyes and an Atlantic Sun team took place Dec. 15, 2010, when Ohio State defeated FGCU, 83-55.
- As a ranked team Ohio State is 399-108 overall and when ranked in the AP Top 10, the Buckeyes are 278-59.
- When ranked in the Top 3 of the Associated Press, Ohio State is 135-20.
- As the AP No. 3 ranked team in the nation, Ohio State improved to 30-6 overall.
- Since the 2009-10 season, the Buckeyes are 41-1 at Value City Arena.
- The win vs. North Florida was the 102nd win vs. an unranked opponent in Value City Arena.
- The Buckeyes own a 108-2 record vs. unranked opponents at home since 2004-05.
- Ohio State has won 99 of its last 100 games against unranked teams in Columbus.
- Against non-conference opponents, Ohio State is 84-5 (.941) at Value City Arena and 146-23 overall.
- In their last 57 games, the Scarlet and Gray are 52-5.
- This is the 266th-consecutive game Ohio State has made at least one 3-point field goal (1/10/04 vs. Penn State was the last game with zero made).
- Ohio State has held its opponent to under 67 points in 12 of its last 13 games, posting an 11-1 record in those contests.
- Ohio State has now had a player record a double-double in 826 games. The Buckeyes are 567-259 in those contests. Jared Sullinger had his 20th career double-double (27 points, 13 rebounds) vs. North Florida.
- Buckeyes went on a 15-5 run at the end of the first half to go up 39-26 with 1:29 remaining.
- Matta improved his career record to 296-88 overall and 194-57 at Ohio State.
- With the win, Ohio State is 36-5 in November under Coach Matta.
- Matta is now 1-0 vs. Florida State and 8-0 vs. members of the Atlantic Sun.
- Matta is now 162-20 overall vs. unranked opponents and 108-2 in Columbus.
- Matta is now 96-18 all-time in games against non-conference opponents at Ohio State.
- Ohio State is now 127-23 (.843) overall at Value City Arena and 123-10 under Matta.
- Ohio State improves to 114-17 under Matta when grabbing more rebounds than its opponent. The Buckeyes outrebounded North Florida 44-31.
- The Buckeyes are 162-20 under Matta when leading at the half.
- Ohio State is 179-5 under Matta when leading with five minutes to play.
- When shooting better than the opponent, Ohio State improves to 171-18 under Matta.
- With 85 points, the Buckeyes are 132-11 under Matta when scoring more than 70 total points in a game.
- The Buckeyes improve to 164-45 when limiting themselves to under 15 total turnovers (Ohio State had 11 turnovers vs. the Ospreys).
- The start was Buford’s 102nd donning the Scarlet and Gray.
- William Buford scored 13 points for the Buckeyes, improving his career total to 1,482. He is four points behind Jerry Francis (1,486) for 18th-place all-time in Ohio State career scoring.
- Sullinger had 27 points for the Buckeyes. It is the 38th time he has scored in double figures in his career and 12th time he has scored at least 20 in a game.
- With 27 points and 13 rebounds, Sullinger earned his 20th career double-double.
- Sullinger had 13 rebounds. He now has 416 as a Buckeye.
- Sullinger’s three steals tied a career high (3 vs. UTSA, 3/18/11).
- Craft had three steals. It is the 15th time in his career he has had at least three in a game. He has 88 for his career.
- It is also the fifth-consecutive game with at least three steals.
- Craft had three assists to push his career total to 194.
- Thomas had 16 points. It is the 14th time in his career he has scored in double figures.
Lenzelle Smith, Jr.
- Smith, Jr.’s five assists were a career high.
- Smith, Jr. had three steals, which is good for a career high.
- Scott’s five points were a career-high.