Nov. 20, 2013
No. 8 Ohio State (4-0) 63, American 52 (1-2)
Nov. 20, 2013
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
• Ohio State is 5-0 all-time against American and 19-3 against members of the Patriot League.
• Ohio State has won 70-consecutive home games against unranked opponents, 43 against unranked non-conference opponents. The last loss was Dec. 27, 2008 vs. West Virginia.
• Ohio State is 101-6 all-time vs. non-conference opponents at Value City Arena.
• As a ranked team, No. 8 Ohio State is 459-124 all-time. The Buckeyes are 325-73 when ranked in the AP Top 10.
• The Ohio State bench outscored the American bench 17-2.
• OSU scored 26 points off of 27 American turnovers. It was the most turnovers forced by Ohio State in a game since the Buckeyes forced 27 against Nebraska on Jan. 21, 2012.
• Ohio State totaled 15 steals as a team, the most since forcing 11 vs. Minnesota on Jan. 9, 2010.
• OSU owned a 22-6 edge in fast break points.
• Matta is 254?]73 during his career at Ohio State and 356?]104 overall as a head coach.
• Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 208-22 record as Ohio State head coach. Matta is 136-2 against unranked opponents at home.
• Matta is 47-6 in the month of November as OSU head coach.
• Ranks 49th all-time at Ohio State with 1,014 career points. He needs nine to pass Jason Singleton (1,022) for 48th.
• Tied a career high with seven steals against the Eagles, the second most in a single game in school history.
• With 261 career steals, Craft passed Brian Cardinal of Purdue (259) for sixth all-time in the Big Ten. He needs 12 to pass Pat Baldwin of Northwestern (272) for fifth.
• Had four assists against American. He ranks second on the all-time list at Ohio State with 554. He needs 26 assists to pass Jamar Butler (579) for first.
• Led Ohio State scoring effort with a career-high 16 points.
• Passed 200 points for his career (215).
• Recorded a career-high two steals.
Lenzelle Smith Jr.
• Played in his 100th career game against the Eagles. He has 80 career starts.
• Tied a career high with nine rebounds.
• Passed 350 points for his career (353).
WATCH: Thad Matta Press Conference
Buckeyes on the Blacktop Highlights