Nov. 12, 2013
No. 10 Ohio State (2-0) 79, Ohio 69 (1-1)
Nov. 12, 2013
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
• Ohio State leads the all-time series with Ohio 18-4. The teams last played in 1994, a 78-67 Ohio victory in the preseason National Invitational Tournament.
• Ohio State is 53-13 against teams from the Mid-American Conference (MAC).
• The Buckeyes are 228-75 all-time against all Ohio schools and 69-20 against current Division I opponents from the state.
• Ohio State opened the game with a 9-0 lead and the Buckeye defense held the Bobcats scoreless the first 5:31 of the game.
• Four players scored in double figures for Ohio State: Aaron Craft (18 points), Amir Williams (14), Sam Thompson (12) and LaQuinton Ross (10).
• Ohio State scored 20 bench points, including 12 by Sam Thompson.
• Ohio State has won 69-consecutive non-conference home games against unranked opponents. The last loss was Dec. 27, 2008 vs. West Virginia.
• As a ranked team (Associated Press), No. 10 Ohio State is 457-124 all-time. The Buckeyes are 323-73 when ranked in the AP Top 10.
• The Buckeyes 38 made free throws tied a school record (Dec. 21, 1968 vs. Washington State). The 51 attempts were the third most all-time.
• Matta is 252-73 during his career at Ohio State and 354-104 overall as a head coach.
• Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 207-22 record as Ohio State head coach. Matta is 135-2 against unranked opponents at home.
• Matta is 45-6 in the month of November as OSU head coach.
• Led the Ohio State scoring effort with 18 points.
• With three steals against the Bobcats, Craft became the third player in Big Ten history with 500 assists and 250 steals in a career, joining Bruce Douglas of Illinois (1983-86) and Gary Grant of Michigan (1985-88). Craft has a total of 540 assists and 252 steals in his OSU career.
• Needs eight steals to pass Purdue’s Brian Cardinal (259) for sixth all-time in the Big Ten.
• Had four assists against Ohio. He ranks second on the all-time list at Ohio State with 540. He needs 40 assists to pass Jamar Butler (579) for first.
• Posted a career high in free throws made (14) and attempted (18).
• Earned his first career double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. The 14 points were a career high.
• Posted a career high in free throws made (eight) and attempted (10).
No. 7 Virginia Edges Ohio State, 63-61
Buckeyes in the NBA