Nov. 11, 2011
No. 3 Ohio State 73 (1-0), Wright State 42 (0-1)
Value City Arena - Columbus, Ohio
Nov. 11, 2011
POSTGAME NOTES TEAM
• The Buckeyes are 91-18 in home openers and 87-22 in season openers all-time after defeating Wright State.
• Ohio State is now 3-0 vs. Wright State and is 55-11 all-time vs. members of the Horizon League. The most recent meeting between the Buckeyes and Raiders took place Dec. 16, 1992 in Columbus; a 76-55 Ohio State victory. Ohio State has faced all 10 current Horizon League members.
• As a ranked team Ohio State is 394-108 overall and when ranked in the AP Top 10, the Buckeyes are 275-59. • When ranked in the Top 3 of the Associated Press, Ohio State is 132-20.
• As the AP No. 3 ranked team in the nation, Ohio State improved to 27-6 overall.
• Since the 2009-10 season, the Buckeyes are 38-1 at Value City Arena.
• The win vs. WSU was the 100th win vs. an unranked opponent in Value City Arena.
• The win was the 23rd-consecutive victory at home for Ohio State, dating back to a 66-55 win over Michigan Feb. 27, 2010. It's the fourth longest streak in Buckeye history
• Against non-conference opponents, Ohio State is 81-5 (.941) at Value City Arena and 143-23 overall. • The Buckeyes own a 106-2 record vs. unranked opponents at home since 2004-05.
• In their last 54 games, the Scarlet and Gray are 49-5. • Ohio State has won 97 of their last 98 games against unranked teams in Columbus.
• This is the 263rd-consecutive game Ohio State has made at least one 3-point field goal (1/10/04 vs. Penn State was the last game with zero made).
• It was the 10th-consecutive game Ohio State's opponent was held under 67 points. The Buckeyes post a 9-1 record when doing so.
• Five newcomers made their collegiate debut in the win vs. Wright State. Freshmen Shannon Scott, Sam Thompson, Trey McDonald and Amir Williams along with transfer Evan Ravenel all put on the Scarlet and Gray for the first time.
• Thad Matta now owns a record of 12-0 in season openers as a head coach. He was 1-0 at Butler, 3-0 at Xavier and is 8-0 at Ohio State.
• Matta improved his career record to 293-88 overall and 191-57 at Ohio State.
• With the win, Ohio State is 33-5 in November under Coach Matta.
• Matta is now 160-20 overall vs. unranked opponents and 106-2 in Columbus. • Matta is now 93-18 all-time in games against non-conference opponents at Ohio State.
• Ohio State is now 124-23 (.843) overall at Value City Arena and 120-10 under Matta.
• Ohio State improves to 112-17 under Matta when grabbing more boards than its opponent. The Buckeyes outrebounded Wright State 34-28.
• The Buckeyes are 159-20 under Matta when leading at the half.
• Ohio State is 176-5 under Matta when leading with five minutes to play.
• When shooting better than the opponent, Ohio State improves to 168-18 under Matta.
• With 73 points, the Buckeyes are 129-11 under Matta when scoring more than 70 total points in a game.
• The Buckeyes improve to 161-44 when limiting themselves to under 15 total turnovers (Ohio State had 14 turnovers vs. WSU).
• William Buford scored 13 points for the Buckeyes, improving his career total to 1,437, passing Paul Ebert (1,136) for 21st place all-time in Ohio State career scoring. He is four behind Bill Hoskett (1,441), for 20th place.
• Buford was 1-3 from behind the 3-point arc to improve his career 3-point field goals made to 154, which is third in Ohio State history.
• The start was Buford's 99th donning the Scarlet and Gray.
• Sullinger had 19 points to lead the Buckeyes in scoring. It is the 35th time he has scored in double figures in his career.
• Craft had three steals. It is the 12th time in his career he has had at least that many.
Buckeyes in the NBA - April 10
Buckeyes in the NBA
Buckeyes in the NBA