March 20, 2014
No. 11-seed Dayton (24-10) 60, No. 6-seed Ohio State (25-10) 59
2014 NCAA Tournament Second Round
March 20, 2014
First Niagara Center – Buffalo, N.Y.
- Ohio State is 4-3 all-time vs. Dayton and 31-12 against teams in the Atlantic 10 Conference.
- The Buckeyes are 48-25 all-time in the NCAA tournament. Ohio State is 9-4 in South Regional games.
- Ohio State is 0-1 as the No. 6 seed in the tournament.
- OSU has lost its last six NCAA tournament games by a combined 14 points. The loss snaps Ohio State’s streak of four-consecutive Sweet Sixteen appearances, the longest in the country.
- The Buckeyes are 68-57 in one-point games all-time.
- The Buckeyes have held opponents to under 50 percent shooting 32 times this season (Dayton: 44.9 percent, 22-49).
- Dayton shot 23.1 percent from 3-point range (3-13). Ohio State entered the game No. 3 nationally in 3-point field goal percentage defense (29.4 percent).
- As an AP ranked team, No. 22 Ohio State is 477-134 all-time.
- Matta is 275-83 during his career at Ohio State and 376-114 overall as a head coach.
- Matta is 24-12 in NCAA tournament play, 17-8 at Ohio State.
- Matta owns an 8-2 record vs. the Flyers, 1-1 at OSU. He is 12-5 against former assistant coaches.
- At the helm of the Ohio State program, Matta is 56-16 in the month of March, a 77.8 percent winning percentage, fifth-best among active Division I coaches over the last 10 years. He is 58-17 (77.3 percent) in games played in March and April, the fourth-best win percentage for the two-month period among active coaches over the last 10 years.
- Led all scorers with 18 points and a career-best eight-made field goals.
- Scored 16 points vs. Dayton. He finishes his career 28th on the all-time scoring list with 1,314 points for his career.
- Dished four assists. He is Ohio State’s all-time assists leader with 694 for his career and fifth all-time in Big Ten history.
- Totaled four steals. He is the Ohio State and Big Ten career leader with 337. He ranks 12th all-time in NCAA history.
- Scored 10 points. Has reached double figures in 17 of his last 19 games.
- Totaled two steals. With 152 for his career, he ranks 10th all-time in Ohio State history. He needs two steals to pass Curtis Wilson (153) for ninth.
Musa Jallow Mid-Summer Update
Non-Conference Schedule Set for 2018-19
Jackson Set to Lead in 2018-19
Buckeye Breakdown | C.J. Jackson