Postgame Notes: No. 10 Ohio State 50, No. 22 Wisconsin 43
March 17, 2013
No. 10 Ohio State (26-7) 50, No. 22 Wisconsin (23-11) 43
2013 Big Ten Tournament Final
March 17, 2013
United Center – Chicago
Attendance – 20,560
- Ohio State leads the all-time series with the Badgers 85-67. The Buckeyes own a 4-1 edge on neutral courts.
- OSU is 23-12 against Wisconsin when ranked. When both teams are ranked, the Buckeyes are 7-3.
- Ohio State is 22-9 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament. The Buckeyes four titles are the most of any team in the conference. Ohio State has won 18 of its last 22 games in the tourney overall.
- The Buckeyes are 4-1 against the Badgers in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Wisconsin shot 38.3 percent for the game (18-of-47). The Buckeyes have held opposing teams under 50 percent shooting in 30 of 33 games.
- Ohio State owned a 39-28 edge of the glass. OSU is 15-2 this season when outrebounding its opponent and 152-24 under Thad Matta.
- Wisconsin collected one offensive rebound in the second half.
- The Buckeyes outscored UW 30-22 in the paint.
- OSU shot a season-low 6.3 percent (1-16) from 3-point range. The single 3-point field goal is an all-time Big Ten Tournament low for the Buckeyes.
- Trailing 39-37 at the 7:49 mark of the second half, Ohio State outscored the Badgers 13-4 to close the game. The Buckeyes held Wisconsin to one field goal during that stretch.
- As a ranked team (AP), No. 10 Ohio State is 449-123 all-time. When both teams are ranked, Ohio State is 72-64 all-time.
- Ohio State is 755-673 all-time in Big Ten play.
- Matta is 247-72 during his career at Ohio State and 348-103 overall as a head coach.
- In his 13 years as a head coach, Matta is 133-52 vs. current Big Ten opponents, including a record of 129-50 at Ohio State.
- Matta owns the best Big Ten Tournament winning percentage (.792) and is tied with Michigan State’s Tom Izzo for the most tournament wins (19) of any conference coach in history.
- Matta has compiled a record of 50-12 as a head coach in March, the third-best record by percentage (.806) among active coaches.
- Matta has won 25 or more games in six of his nine seasons at Ohio State and in nine of his 13 seasons as head coach. Teams coached by Matta have never failed to reach the 20-win plateau. The Buckeyes are 26-7 to date in 2012-13 after the victory Sunday.
- Matta is 11-11 against Wisconsin.
- Led all scorers with 17 points.
- With 17 points, Thomas moved to No. 14 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State (1,541 total points). He needs 16 points to pass Terrence Dials for 13th.
- Has scored in double figures in all 33 games this season.
- Craft’s had one assist against the Badgers, bringing his career total at Ohio State to 510. He remains third on the all-time list at OSU and needs seven assists to pass Kelvin Ransey for second all-time.
- Tied a season best with six rebounds.
- Craft failed to record a steal in a game for only the second time this season.
Jent Returns to Men's Basketball Program