March 15, 2013
No. 10 Ohio State (24-7) 71, Nebraska (15-18) 50
2013 Big Ten Tournament Quarterfinal
March 15, 2013
United Center - Chicago
Attendance - TBA
- The Buckeyes have won the last eight meetings against the Cornhuskers.
- Overall, Ohio State holds a 9-2 record in the series. The teams are tied 1-1 on neutral courts.
- As a ranked team, the Buckeyes are 6-0 in the Nebraska series.
- Ohio State is 20-9 all-time in the Big Ten tournament. The Buckeyes have won seven of their last eight quarterfinal games and 16 of their last 20 games in the tourney overall.
- Since the Big Ten tournament began in 1998, Ohio State has defeated eight league opponents three times in the same season: 2005 PSU, 2006 PSU, 2007 Michigan, 2007 Purdue, 2010 Illinois, 2011 Michigan, 2011 PSU, 2013 Nebraska.
- Three Buckeyes scored in double figures: junior forward Deshaun Thomas (19), sophomore forward Sam Thompson (19) and sophomore forward LaQuinton Ross (19).
- Ohio State shot 59.1 percent (26-of-44) for the game, 77.3 percent (17-of-22) in the second half, season-best percentages for a game and half this season. The 59.1 percent shooting performance is also an Ohio State Big Ten tournament record.
- Nebraska shot 41.2 percent for the game (21-of-51). The Buckeyes have held opposing teams under 50 percent shooting in 28 of 31 games.
- Ohio State owned a 21-7 edge in bench points. The Buckeyes own a 572-373 edge over opposing benches in points scored this season.
- The Buckeyes scored 21 points off of 15 NU turnovers.
- Nebraska was held to 23 first-half points. Ohio State has held opponents to 25 points of fewer in a half a total of 22 times this season.
- As a ranked team (AP), No. 14 Ohio State is 449-123 all-time.
- Ohio State is 753-673 all-time in Big Ten play.
- The Buckeyes opened the second half with a 26-5 run covering 7:59 of play.
- Trailing 15-6 with 13:03 remaining in the first half, Ohio State went on a 50-15 run covering 26:19 of play.
- Matta is 245-72 during his career at Ohio State and 346-103 overall as a head coach.
- In his 13 years as a head coach, Matta is 131-52 vs. current Big Ten opponents, including a record of 127-50 at Ohio State.
- Matta owns the best Big Ten tournament winning percentage () and the second-most tournament wins (17) of any conference coach in history.
- Matta has compiled a record of 48-12 as a head coach in March, the fourth-best record by percentage (80 percent) among active coaches.
- Matta has never failed to reach the 20-win plateau in 13 years as a head coach. The Buckeyes are 24-7 to date in 2012-13 after the victory Friday.
- Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 202-22 record as Ohio State head coach.
- Matta is 5-0 against Nebraska.
- With 19 points, Thomas moved to No. 18 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State (1,508 total points). He needs 10 points to pass Evan Turner for 17th.
- Has scored in double figures in all 31 games this season.
- Craft contributed eight assists vs. the Cornhuskers, bringing his career total at Ohio State to 500. He remains third on the all-time list at OSU and needs 17 assists blank to pass Kelvin Ransey for second all-time.
- With two steals against Nebraska, Craft remains seventh all-time in Big Ten history with 233. He needs 27 steals to pass Brian Cardinal of Purdue (1997-2000) for sixth.
- Craft has totaled five or more assists in 16 games this season.
- In 31 games played this season, Craft has recorded a steal in all but one game.
- Scored a career-high 19 points.
- Made a career-best eight field goals and shot 88.9 percent for the game (8-of-9).
- Connected on a career-best three 3-point field goals.
- Scored in double figures for the 10th time this season.
- Tied a career best with three 3-point field goals.
Buckeyes’ 2017-18 Schedule Set
Summer Update - C.J. Jackson
Musa Jallow Added to Roster for 2017-18