March 5, 2013
No. 14 Ohio State (22-7, 12-5 Big Ten) 67, No. 2 Indiana (25-5, 13-4 Big Ten) 58
March 5, 2013
Assembly Hall – Bloomington, Ind.
Attendance – 17,472
• The Buckeyes have won eight of the last 10 meetings in the series, including three of the last four games in Bloomington.
• Overall, Indiana owns the series lead with a 101-76 record and a 61-24 edge in Bloomington.
• As a ranked team, Ohio State is 20-13 vs. the Hoosiers. When both teams are ranked in the series, the Buckeyes are 7-9.
• No. 2 Indiana is the highest-ranked opponent Ohio State has defeated on the road since the Buckeyes beat No. 1 Iowa 80-76 on Jan. 24, 1987.
• No. 2 Indiana is the highest-ranked Hoosier team the Buckeyes have ever defeated at Assembly Hall (previously a 93-85 win vs. No. 3 Indiana on Jan. 21, 1991).
• With the win, Ohio State has defeated three AP top-5 opponents in the same season for only the fourth time in school history (2011-12, 2006-07, and 1978-79).
• Ohio State is one of only two Division I teams (Duke being the other) to defeat three AP top-4 teams this season (No. 2 Indiana, No. 2 Michigan, No. 4 Michigan State).
• Ohio State’s 2013 home finale with Illinois, scheduled for March 10, will tip at 12:30 p.m. ET. The game will be broadcast on ESPN.
• Ohio State held Indiana, averaging 81.9 points per game on the year, to 58 points, a season low.
• Indiana shot 39.6 percent (21-53) for the game. The Buckeyes have held opposing teams under 50 percent shooting in 26 of 29 games.
• Leading 50-48 with 7:07 remaining, Ohio State seized control of the game with an 11-2 run over 3:50 of play.
• OSU scored 16 points off of 12 Indiana turnovers. The Buckeyes totaled eight steals as a team.
• The Buckeyes held a 14-2 advantage on the fast break.
• The Ohio State bench outscored Indiana 20-7. The Buckeyes own a 551-366 edge over opposing benches in points scored this season.
• Ohio State guards Aaron Craft and Shannon Scott combined for eight steals, seven assists and only two turnovers.
• Indiana was held to a season-low 25 first-half points. Ohio State has held opponents to under 25 points in a half a total of 20 times this season.
• Ohio State is 65-118 all-time (3-4 this season) against AP top-10 teams.
• As a ranked team (AP), No. 14 Ohio State is 447-123 all-time. When both teams are ranked, Ohio State is 70-64 all-time.
• Ohio State is 751-673 all-time in Big Ten play.
• Matta is 243-72 during his career at Ohio State and 344-103 overall as a head coach.
• In his 13 years as a head coach, Matta is 129-52 vs. current Big Ten opponents, including a record of 125-50 at Ohio State.
• Matta has compiled a record of 46-12 as a head coach in March, the fourth best record by percentage (79.3 percent) among active coaches.
• Matta has never failed to reach the 20-win plateau in 13 years as a head coach. The Buckeyes are 22-7 to date in 2012-13 after the victory Tuesday.
• Matta holds an 11-7 record vs. the Hoosiers and an 8-2 record against Tom Crean.
• Led all scorers with 18 points.
• With 18 points, Thomas moved to No. 21 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State (1,470 total points). He needs 17 points to pass Jerry Francis for 19th.
• Has scored in double figures in all 29 games this season.
• With four steals against Indiana, Craft remains eighth all-time in Big Ten history with 228. He needs four steals to pass Dee Brown (2003-06) of Illinois for seventh.
• Craft contributed four assists vs. the Hoosiers. He remains third on the all-time list at Ohio State with 486. Craft needs 31 assists to pass Kelvin Ransey for second all-time.
• Tied a career-high with seven-made field goals. Shot 70 percent for the game (7-10).
• In 29 games played this season, Craft has recorded a steal in all but one game.
Buckeyes in the NBA - April 10
Buckeyes in the NBA
Buckeyes in the NBA