March 2, 2014
Indiana (17-12, 7-9) 72, No. 22 Ohio State (22-8, 9-8) 64
March 2, 2014
Assembly Hall – Bloomington, Ind.
• Indiana leads the all-time series with Ohio State 101-76. The Hoosiers own a 61-24 edge in Bloomington. • As a ranked team, Ohio State is 20-14 vs. the Hoosiers. Ohio State is 475-132 all-time as a ranked team. • OSU owns an overall record of 763-680 against current Big Ten members.
• The Buckeyes have held opponents to under 50 percent shooting 28 times this season (Indiana: 48 percent, 24-50).
• Ohio State did not make a 3-point field goal in the game (0-11). The last time Ohio State failed to make a 3-point field goal in a game was Jan. 10, 2004 at Penn State (0-13), a span of 367 games.
• Ohio State owned a 48-28 edge in the paint and outscored IU 16-6 on the fast break.
• The Buckeyes made 25 field goals for the game – only one came from the perimeter.
• Matta is 272-81 during his career at Ohio State and 373-112 overall as a head coach.
• In 14 seasons as a head coach, Matta owns an overall record of 142-60 vs. Big Ten members, including a mark of 139-58 while coaching the Buckeyes. • Matta holds an 11-8 record vs. the Hoosiers.
• At the helm of the Ohio State program, Matta is 53-14 in the month of March.
• Led Ohio State with 19 points. Passed 750 points for his career (762).
• Has reached double figures in 12 of his last 14 games.
Lenzelle Smith Jr.
• Led Ohio State with 19 points. Has reached double figures 21 times this season.
• Collected three steals, tying Bruce Douglas of Illinois for No. 1 in Big Ten history in career steals with 324. • Scored seven points vs. Indiana. He has 1,255 points for his career. He needs 36 points to pass former teammate Jared Sullinger (1,282) for 30th.
• Dished four assists. He is Ohio State’s all-time assist leader with 666 for his career. He needs nine assists to pass Dee Brown of Illinois (674) for sixth on the all-time Big Ten list.
• Had two steals. Has collected two of more steals on 19 occasions this season.
Buckeyes Handle No. 16 Badgers, 83-73
Buckeyes in the NBA