Feb. 24, 2013
No. 18 Ohio State 68 (20-7, 10-5 Big Ten) , No. 4 Michigan State 60 (22-6, 11-4 Big Ten)
Feb. 24, 2013
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Attendance – 18,809 (sellout)
- Ohio State has won five of the last eight games in the Michigan State series. Overall, Michigan State owns a 61-53 series lead.
- The Buckeyes own a 34-22 record in Columbus against the Spartans.
- When ranked nationally, Ohio State is 21-11 vs. MSU. The Buckeyes are 8-18 against ranked Michigan State teams.
- With the win over Michigan State Sunday, Ohio State has defeated two top-5 opponents at home in the same season for the first time in school history (No. 2 Michigan, 56-53 on Jan. 13).
- All-time, OSU is 59-17 in Value City Arena sellouts, 48-13 against Big Ten opponents. The Buckeyes are 22-10 all-time in sellouts vs. AP ranked teams at the arena and 12-5 vs. the AP Top 10.
- The Ohio State game at Northwestern Feb. 28 will be televised by ESPN2. The matchup is scheduled for a 7 p.m. tip-off.
- The Buckeyes had three players reach double-figures in scoring: Aaron Craft with 21, Deshaun Thomas with 14 and Evan Ravenel with 10.
- The Buckeyes have held opposing teams under 50 percent in 24 of 27 games.
- The OSU bench outscored the Spartan bench 17-11. This season, the Buckeyes hold a 504-335 overall advantage in points contributed from their bench.
- Ohio State 64-118 (2-4) this season against AP top-10 teams.
- As a ranked team (AP), No. 18 Ohio State is 446-123 all-time. When both teams are ranked, Ohio State is 69-64 all-time.
- Ohio State is 749-673 all-time in Big Ten play.
- Matta is 241-72 during his career at Ohio State and 342-103 overall as a head coach.
- In his 13 years as a head coach, Matta is 127-52 vs. current Big Ten opponents, including a record of 123-50 at Ohio State.
- Ohio State owns a 152-14 home record during the Matta era. The Buckeyes are 70-5 in Columbus over the past four seasons.
- The Buckeyes are 66-11 vs. Big Ten opponents at Value City Arena in nine seasons under Matta.
- Matta holds a 9-9 record vs. the Spartans.
- With seven rebounds against Michigan State, Thomas became the 25th Buckeye to join the 1000 point, 500 rebound club at Ohio State. He places at No. 16 on the all-time list (1,433 total points, 504 rebounds).
- Moved to No. 23 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State (1,433 total points). He needs three
- Has scored in double figures in all 27 games this season.
- Led all scorers with a career-high 21 points.
- With one steal against Michigan State, Craft remains eighth all-time in Big Ten history with 223. He needs nine steals to pass Dee Brown (2003-06) of Illinois for seventh.
- Craft contributed six assists vs. the Spartans, passing Curtis Wilson and moving to third on the all-time list at Ohio State with 477 for his career.
- In 27 games played this season, Craft has recorded a steal in all but one game. He has earned multiple steals in 14 games thus far.
Musa Jallow Added to Roster for 2017-18