Feb. 22, 2014
No. 24 Ohio State (22-6, 9-6) 64, Minnesota (17-11, 6-9) 46
Feb. 22, 2014
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Attendance: 18,809 (sellout)
• Ohio State leads the all-time series with the Gophers 81-56.
• The Buckeyes are 50-18 overall vs. Minnesota in Columbus. Ohio State has won the last seven home games in the series.
• All-time, OSU is 60-19 in Value City Arena sellouts (2-2 this season). The Buckeyes are 49-15 against Big Ten opponents in VCA sellouts.
• OSU is 82-24 all-time against Big Ten opponents at Value City Arena, 8-1 against Minnesota.
• Trailing 30-18 with 19:26 to play in the second half, Ohio State outscored the Gophers 34-7 over 12:19 of play to take a commanding 52-37 lead.
• Ohio State has not lost twice in the regular season to a Big Ten opponent since the 2008-09 season (Michigan State, Illinois). OSU avoided a two-game season sweep by the Gophers with the victory.
• The last time Ohio State came back to win after trailing by 10 or more points at the half: Jan. 12, 2010 at Purdue. The Buckeyes trailed 42-29 and won 70-66.
• The Buckeyes own an overall record of 763-678 against current Big Ten members.
• Three players scored in double figures for the Buckeyes: Sam Thompson (19 points), Lenzelle Smith Jr. (13) and Shannon Scott (10).
• Ohio State is 475-130 all-time as a ranked team. The Buckeyes hold a record of 27-4 vs. the Gophers when ranked.
• Ohio State has held opponents to under 50 percent shooting 26 times this season (Minnesota: 35.4 percent, 17-48).
• OSU held Minnesota to season lows in: points (46), rebounds (25), assists (7) and made field goals (17).
• Minnesota shot 23.5 percent from 3-point range (4-17). Through 26 games, OSU ranks No. 4 nationally in 3-point field goal percent defense (27.3 percent).
• Ohio State owned a 35-25 advantage on the glass and outscored Minnesota in the paint 34-20. The Buckeyes scored 30 of their 34 paint points in the second half.
• The Buckeyes outscored the Gophers on the fast break 17-4.
• Matta is 272-79 during his career at Ohio State and 373-110 overall as a head coach.
• In 14 seasons as a head coach, Matta owns an overall record of 142-58 vs. Big Ten members, including a mark of 139-56 while coaching the Buckeyes.
• Matta is 56-2 against unranked conference opponents at home.
• Matta is 11-6 against Minnesota.
• At the helm of the Ohio State program, Matta is 50-23 in the month of February.
• Led all scorers with a season-high 19 points – 16 of which came in the second half of play.
• Shot 64.7 percent for the week in games against Northwestern and Minnesota (11-17).
• Passed 250 career rebounds (252).
• Scored six points. He has 1,238 for his career, No. 32 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State. He needs three points to pass Ron Stokes (1,240) for 31st.
• Dished five assists. He is Ohio State’s all-time assist leader with 658 for his career. He needs 17 assists to pass Dee Brown of Illinois (674) for sixth on the all-time Big Ten list.
• Had four steals. He ranks second all-time in the Big Ten with 321 for his career. He needs four steals to pass Bruce Douglas of Illinois (324) for first place. Craft has 28 career games with four or more steals.
• Tied Gary Payton of Oregon State and Chris Garner of Memphis for 22nd all-time in career steals in NCAA Division I history. He needs three steals to pass Devin Gibson of UTSA for 21st. The NCAA first recognized steals during the 1985-86 season.
Lenzelle Smith Jr.
• Scored 13 points. Has scored in double figures in eight of his last 10 games.
Musa Jallow Added to Roster for 2017-18