Postgame Notes: No. 13 Ohio State 49, No. 20 Wisconsin 71
Feb. 17, 2013
No. 20 Wisconsin (18-8, 9-4 Big Ten) 71, No. 13 Ohio State (18-7, 8-5 Big Ten) 49
Feb. 17, 2013
Kohl Center - Madison, Wis.
Attendance - 17,249
- The matchup Sunday was the 151st meeting between Big Ten foes Ohio State and Wisconsin.
- Overall, the Buckeyes own the series lead with an 84-67 advantage.
- The Buckeyes are 28-44 in games played in Madison.
- As a ranked team, Ohio State is 22-12 in the Wisconsin series. When both teams are ranked, OSU is 6-4.
- The Buckeyes had two players reach double-figures in scoring: Deshaun Thomas (18 points) and Sam Thompson (10).
- Wisconsin held Ohio State to a season-low 49 points.
- The 22-point margin of victory for Wisconsin was the largest against the Buckeyes this season. Ohio State fell to Illinois by 19 points on Jan. 5. The last time OSU lost by 22 or more points was 2009-10, also to Wisconsin (65-43, Dec. 21, 2009).
- With 16:10 remaining in the first half, Wisconsin went on an 18-0 run to take an early 24-6 lead. During the span, Ohio State went 0-14 from the field.
- Ohio State out-scored the Badgers on the fast break, earning a 9-2 advantage.
- The Buckeyes were held to their lowest point total in a half this season with 22 points in the first half of play. OSU recorded its previous low of 24 points vs. the Badgers on Jan. 29.
- As a ranked team (AP), No. 13 Ohio State is 444-123 all-time.
- The Buckeyes have an all-time record of 148-238 (1-7 in 2012-13) vs. ranked opponents in the AP Top 25. In games when both teams enter with a Top 25 ranking, Ohio State is 68-64.
- Ohio State is 747-673 all-time in Big Ten play.
- Matta is 239-72 during his career at Ohio State and 340-103 overall as a head coach.
- In his 13 years as a head coach, Matta is 125-52 vs. current Big Ten opponents, including a record of 121-50 at Ohio State.
- Matta holds a 10-11 record vs. the Badgers.
- Led all scorers with 18 points.
- Reached 500 points on the season vs. the Badgers. Only 14 Buckeyes have scored 500 points in multiple seasons. Thomas earned 619 during his sophomore campaign.
- Moved to No. 24 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State (1,400 total points). He needs eight points to pass Larry Bolden for 23rd all-time.
- Has scored in double figures in all 25 games this season.
- With one steal against the Badgers, Craft remains eighth all-time in Big Ten history. He needs 13 steals to pass Dee Brown (2003-06) of Illinois for seventh.
- Craft contributed one assist vs. Wisconsin. He remains fourth on the all-time list at Ohio State with 466 for his career. He needs eight assists to pass Curtis Wilson for third.
- With six rebounds in the game, McDonald earned a career high.
- Dished two assists vs. the Badgers, a career high.
Season Tickets On Sale for Winter Sports