Postgame Notes: 22 Ohio State (20-6, 7-6) 48, Illinois (14-12, 3-10) 39
Feb. 15, 2014
No. 22 Ohio State (20-6, 7-6) 48, Illinois (14-12, 3-10) 39
Feb. 15, 2014
State Farm Center – Champaign, Ill.
- Illinois leads the all-time series vs. Ohio State 101-68. The Illini own a 60-24 record in Champaign.
- As a ranked team, Ohio State holds a record of 25-11 against Illinois. In the last 16 games in which OSU has been ranked vs. Illinois, the Buckeyes have won 15 times.
- Ohio State has won the nine of the last 11 meetings in the series.
- The Buckeyes own an overall record of 762-678 against current Big Ten members.
- Ohio State went on a 12-0 run at 11:57 in the second half vs. Illinois after a put-back dunk by Trey McDonald.
- Ohio State has held opponents to under 50 percent shooting 25 times this season (Illinois: 28.3 percent, 15-53).
- Michigan shot 31.3 percent from 3-point range (5-16). Ohio State entered the game second in Division I in 3-point field goal percentage defense (27.1 percent).
- Buckeyes posted 10 steals and six blocks, while forcing 13 turnovers. Held a 17-2 advantage in bench points.
- Matta is 270-79 during his career at Ohio State and 371-110 overall as a head coach.
- In 14 seasons as a head coach, Matta owns an overall record of 140-58 vs. Big Ten members, including a mark of 137-56 while coaching the Buckeyes.
- As a head coach, Matta has recorded at least 20 wins each season (14).
- Matta is 14-5 against Illinois.
- At the helm of the Ohio State program, Matta is 48-23 in the month of February.
- Led all scorers with 14 points. He has 1,218 for his career, passing Luke Witte (1,211) for 34th all-time tonight. Has collected 11 multi-point performances this season.
- Dished two assists. He is Ohio State’s all-time assist leader with 650 for his career. He needs 25 assists to pass Dee Brown of Illinois (674) for sixth on the all-time Big Ten list.
- Had nine points with six rebounds and is one point shy for 700 in his career.
- Scored eight points vs. the Illini off the bench. Scored eight-consecutive points for the Buckeyes in a span of four minutes in the second half beginning at 9:58.
- Had three assists. Scott needs six helpers for 300 in his OSU career.
- Posted three steals vs. the Illini. Has notched at least one steal in all but two games in 2014.
Buckeyes in the NBA