Feb. 11, 2014
No. 15 Michigan (18-6, 10-2) 70, No. 22 Ohio State (19-6, 6-6) 60
Feb. 11, 2014
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Attendance: 18,809 (sellout)
• Ohio State leads the all-time series with Michigan 93-74. The Buckeyes are 53-27 in games played in Columbus.
• All-time, OSU is 59-19 in Value City Arena sellouts (1-2 this season). The Buckeyes are 48-15 against Big Ten opponents in VCA sellouts.
• Michigan earned its first win at VCA since 2003.
• The Buckeyes own an overall record of 761-678 against current Big Ten members.
• At the 6:22 mark in the second half, Michigan went on an 11-2 run to build a 10-point lead over the Buckeyes, 62-52, with 1:55 remaining.
• Ohio State is 156-241 all-time against AP Top 25 foes. The Buckeyes are 35-7 against Michigan when ranked. When both teams are ranked, Ohio State is 7-5.
• Ohio State is 472-130 all-time as a ranked team. When both teams are ranked, OSU is 75-67.
• OSU is 80-24 all-time against Big Ten opponents at Value City Arena, 10-2 against Michigan.
• The Buckeyes have held opponents to under 50 percent shooting 24 times this season (Michigan: 41.5 percent, 22-53).
• OSU shot a season low 15 percent from 3-point range (3-20). The three made 3 pointers tied a season low.
• Michigan shot 47.1 percent from 3-point range (8-17). Ohio State entered the game first in Division I in 3-point field goal percentage defense (26.3 percent).
• The Buckeyes are 0-4 this season when the opponent scores 70 or more points in a game.
• Ohio State outscored Michigan 12-2 on the fast break.
• Matta is 269-79 during his career at Ohio State and 370-110 overall as a head coach.
• In 14 seasons as a head coach, Matta owns an overall record of 139-58 vs. Big Ten members, including a mark of 136-56 while coaching the Buckeyes.
• Matta is 17-5 against Michigan.
• At the helm of the Ohio State program, Matta is 47-23 in the month of February.
• Led all scorers with 24 points.
• Collected a team-high seven rebounds. He now has 252 for his Buckeye career, passing the 250-rebound mark. Has scored in double figures in nine-consecutive games, as well as 15 of his last 16 games
Lenzelle Smith Jr.
• Scored 13 points. He has scored in double figures in six of his last seven games.
• Made three 3-point field goals. Ohio State is 7-1 this season when he makes three or more.
• Connected on three field goals, passing 400 for his career (402). With 4,486 career minutes played, just five previous Buckeyes (Buford, Diebler, Lighty, Butler, Herb Williams) have 400 field goals and 4000 minutes.
• Scored eight points. He has 1,204 for his career. He needs eight points to pass Luke Witte (1,211) for 34th all-time.
• Dished two assists. He is Ohio State’s all-time assist leader with 648 for his career. He needs 27 assists to pass Dee Brown of Illinois (674) for sixth..
• Scored seven points against the Wolverines, passing the 400-point mark for his career (404).