Postgame Notes: Ohio State (19-5, 6-5) 67, Purdue (14-10, 4-7) 49
Feb. 8, 2014
Ohio State (19-5, 6-5) 67, Purdue (14-10, 4-7) 49
Feb. 8, 2014
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Attendance: 18,809 (sellout)
- Purdue leads the all-time series with Ohio State 83-81. The Buckeyes are 53-28 in games played in Columbus.
- Ohio State has won nine of the last ten games against the Boilermakers.
- The matchup Saturday was the first between two unranked teams in the series since Jan. 12, 2008, a 75-68 Purdue win in West Lafayette. The last time Ohio State played in a game between two unranked opponents was Jan. 9, 2010, a 73-62 loss at Minnesota.
- All-time, OSU is 59-18 in Value City Arena sellouts (1-1 this season). The Buckeyes are 48-14 against Big Ten opponents in VCA sellouts.
- The Buckeyes own an overall record of 761-677 against current Big Ten members.
- The Buckeyes held Purdue to a season-low 49 points.
- The Buckeyes have held opponents to under 50 percent shooting 22 times this season (Purdue: 42 percent, 21-50).
- Ohio State scored 18 points off 15 Purdue turnovers, as well as 12 points on the fast break.
- Matta is 269-78 during his career at Ohio State and 370-109 overall as a head coach.
- In 14 seasons as a head coach, Matta owns an overall record of 139-57 vs. Big Ten members, including a mark of 136-55 while coaching the Buckeyes.
- Matta is 16-6 against Purdue.
- At the helm of the Ohio State program, Matta is 47-22 in the month of February.
- Needs one made field goal to reach 400 for his career. With 4,449 career minutes played, just five previous Buckeyes (Buford, Diebler, Lighty, Butler, Herb Williams) have 400 field goals and 4000 minutes.
- Scored seven points. He needs 16 points to pass Luke Witte (1,211) for 34th all-time.
- Dished four assists. He is Ohio State’s all-time assist leader with 646 for his career. He passed Scott Skiles (645) of Michigan State for seventh all-time in Big Ten history. Dee Brown of Illinois ranks sixth with 674.
- Collected two steals. He ranks second all-time in Big Ten history with 309. He needs 16 steals to pass Bruce Douglas of Illinois (324) for first.
- Led all scorers with 17 points.
- Has scored in double figures in eight-consecutive games, as well as 14 of his last 15 games.
- Notched his 100th career start
- Collected 16 points; has scored in double figures in five of his last six games.
- Made four 3-point field goals. Ohio State is 7-0 this season when he makes more than three.
- Competed in his 100th game as a Buckeye
- Started for the third-consecutive game
🎥 B1G Media Day in NYC 🏀
2017 CBS Sports Classic Ticket Presale
Mike Conley, Jr. - Hall of Fame Weekend