Feb. 5, 2013
No. 3 Michigan (21-2, 8-2 Big Ten) 76, No. 10 Ohio State (17-5, 7-3 Big Ten) 74
Feb. 5, 2013
Crisler Center - Ann Arbor, Mich.
Attendance - TBA
- The Buckeyes own a 93-73 advantage vs. Michigan, and hold a 36-46 record in Ann Arbor.
- The game Tuesday was the first regular season Top 10 match-up in series history. Ohio State has won 14 of the last 16 games as a ranked team in the series. When both teams are ranked, Ohio State is 7-4.
- Four players reached double figures for the Buckeyes: Deshaun Thomas (17 points), LaQuinton Ross (16), Aaron Craft (11) and Lenzelle Smith, Jr. (10).
- Ohio State moves to 40-50 in overtime matchups all-time, as well as 14-21 on the road.
- Ohio State shot 51.7 percent from the field (30-58). It was only the second time this season a Big Ten team has shot over 50 percent vs. the Wolverines (Indiana, 52 percent).
- Michigan shot 46.7 percent from the field (28-60). The Buckeyes have held opponents to under 50 percent in 21 of 22 games.
- With 21.3 seconds remaining and the score locked at 72, the Ohio State defense held strong to send the game into the team's first overtime matchup of the season.
- With 12:09 remaining in the first half, Ohio State went on a 7-0 run to overcome the largest deficit of the game, 10 points. Building momentum, the Buckeyes took a 31-30 lead at the half.
- Ohio State held a 20-14 advantage in bench points. Overall, the Buckeyes have maintained a 439-285 advantage spanning the 22 games played this season.
- In points scored in the paint, the Buckeyes earned 30 points compared to Michigan's 28 points.
- The Buckeyes have an all-time record of 148-236 (1-5 in 2012-13) vs. ranked opponents in the Associated Press Top 25. That includes a mark of 63-117 vs. Top 10 foes.
- In games when both teams enter with a Top 25 ranking, Ohio State is 68-62.
- As a ranked team (AP), No. 10 Ohio State is 443-121 all-time. When ranked among the Top 10 nationally, OSU is 316-71.
- Ohio State is 746-671 all-time in Big Ten play.
- Matta is 238-70 during his career at Ohio State and 339-101 overall as a head coach.
- In his 13 years as a head coach, Matta is 124-50 vs. current Big Ten opponents, including a record of 120-48 at Ohio State.
- Matta is 8-7 vs. AP Top 5 opponents as Ohio State head coach and 17-16 vs. the AP Top 10.
- Matta holds a 17-4 record vs. the Wolverines.
- Led the team in scoring with 17 points.
- Remains to No. 27 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State (1,334 total points). He needs one point to pass Jim Cleamons for 28th all-time.
- Has scored in double figures in all 22 games this season.
- Tied a career-high with four assists earned.
- Has recorded 11 games this season with 10 or more points, including double digits in five of the last six games.
- Craft dished one assist vs. the Wolverines. He remains fourth on the all-time list at Ohio with 457 for his career. He needs 18 assists to pass Curtis Wilson for third.
- Recorded a season-high seven rebounds, all of which were on the defensive end of the floor.
- Has recorded at least one steal in 17-consecutive games.
- With 11 points in the game, Craft passed the 800-point mark for his Buckeye career (806).
- Played in his 100th career game (61 Ohio State, 39 Boston College).
- With two steals vs. the Wolverines, Ravenel tied a career high.
- Has made at least one 3-pointer in each of the last six games.
- Earned a career-high nine points.
Buckeyes in the NBA - April 10
Buckeyes in the NBA
Buckeyes in the NBA