Jan. 29, 2013
No. 11 Ohio State (16-4, 6-2 Big Ten) 58, Wisconsin (14-7, 5-3) 49
Jan. 29, 2013
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Attendance – 16,911
• Ohio State has won four of the last six meetings with the Badgers and has three victories in the last four in Columbus.
• Overall, Ohio State owns the series lead with an 84-66 record. The Buckeyes are 53-22 in games played in Columbus.
• As a ranked team, Ohio State is 22-11 in the Wisconsin series.
• OSU won for the first time this season after trailing at the half. The team had been 0-3 previously (vs. Kansas, at Illinois, at Michigan State).
• Ohio State shot 51.1 percent from the field (23-45). The Buckeyes are only the second opponent to shoot over 50 percent against the Badgers this season (Florida, 61.9 percent).
• Wisconsin shot 36.5 percent from the field (19-52). The Buckeyes have held opponents to under 40 percent shooting in 12-of-18 games this season and under 50 percent in 19-of-20 games.
• Wisconsin scored 23 second-half points. Ohio State has held opponents under 25 points in 14 total halves this season.
• Ohio State, trailing 41-37 at the 13:00 mark of the second half, took control of the game with a 15-0 run that covered 6:15 of play. Wisconsin was held to 0-of-6 shooting during the run.
• The Buckeyes held a commanding 34-14 advantage in points scored in the paint.
• OSU outrebounded Wisconsin 32-26. The Buckeyes are 11-1 this season when outrebounding their opponent.
• As a ranked team (AP), No. 11 Ohio State is 442-120 all-time.
• The Buckeyes are 745-670 all-time in Big Ten play.
• Matta is 237-69 during his career at Ohio State and 338-100 overall as a head coach.
• In his 13 years as a head coach, Matta is 123-49 vs. current Big Ten opponents, including a record of 119-47 at Ohio State.
• Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 196-22 record as Ohio State head coach.
• Matta holds a 10-10 record vs. the Badgers.
• Led all scorers with 25 points.
• With 1,302 points, Thomas moved to No. 28 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State. He needs 12 points to pass Jamar Butler for 27th all-time.
• Tied a career best with four assists.
• Has scored in double figures in all 20 games this season and totaled 20 or more points in 11 contests.
• Thomas has reached 20 or more points in 6-of-8 Big Ten contests this season.
• Has recorded at least one steal in 15-consecutive games.
• In the last nine games, Craft has handed out 43 assists.
• Collected seven rebounds, a season high.
Looking Back at Buckeyes/Huskers
Wesson Earns Second Big Ten Honor
Looking Back at Buckeyes/Golden Gophers