Jan. 26, 2013
No. 14 Ohio State (15-4, 5-2 Big Ten) 65, Penn State (8-12, 0-8) 51
Jan. 26, 2013
Bryce Jordan Center – State College, Pa.
Attendance – 11,212
• Ohio State has won the last 18 meetings with the Nittany Lions and have wins in the last seven games played in State College, Pa.
• Overall, Ohio State owns the series lead with a 29-12 record and is 11-7 in games played at Penn State.
• As a ranked team, Ohio State is 16-2 in the PSU series.
• Three Ohio State players reached double figures: Sam Thompson (16 points), Deshaun Thomas (11) and Lenzelle Smith, Jr. (11).
• Penn State shot 36.2 percent from the field (17-47). The Buckeyes have held opponents to under 40 percent shooting in 11-of-18 games this season and under 50 percent in 18-of-19 games.
• Penn State scored 18 first-half points. Ohio State has held 10 opponents to under 25 points in the first half this season and in 13 total halves.
• Ohio State used a 14-1 run in the first half to take control of the game. Penn State was held without a field goal for 11:24 of play.
• OSU outrebounded the Nittany Lions 39-25. The Buckeyes are 10-1 this season when outrebounding their opponent.
• The Buckeyes held a 17-7 advantage in bench points. The OSU bench has outscored opposing benches 402-256 in 19 games this season.
• As a ranked team (AP), No. 14 Ohio State is 441-120 all-time.
• The Buckeyes are 744-670 all-time in Big Ten play.
• Matta is 236-69 during his career at Ohio State and 337-100 overall as a head coach.
• In his 13 years as a head coach, Matta is 122-49 vs. current Big Ten opponents, including a record of 118-47 at Ohio State.
• Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 195-22 record as Ohio State head coach.
• Matta holds a 17-0 record vs. the Nittany Lions.
• Led all scorers with 16 points.
• Set a career best with six field goals made. Shot 85.7 percent from the field (6-of-7).
• Scored in double figures for the first time in a Big Ten game.
• With 1,277 points, Thomas remains No. 30 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State. He needs five points to pass former teammate Jared Sullinger for 29th all-time.
• Has scored in double figures in all 19 games this season.
• Craft recorded five assists vs. the Nittany Lions. He remains fourth on the all-time list at Ohio with 447 for his career. He needs 28 assists to pass Curtis Wilson for third.
• Has recorded at least one steal in 14-consecutive games.
• In the last eight games, Craft has handed out 41 assists.
LENZELLE SMITH, JR.
• Scored 11 points, all in the second half.
• Tied a career best with seven free throws made.
Walker Transfers to Ohio State
🏀 Ohio State Basketball Court Fan Vote 🏀
Holtmann Talks 2017-18 Season