Postgame Notes: No. 17 Ohio State (16-4, 3-4) 62, Illinois (13-7, 2-5) 55
Jan. 23, 2014
No. 17 Ohio State (16-4, 3-4) 62, Illinois (13-7, 2-5) 55
Jan. 23, 2014
Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
- Illinois leads the all-time series with Ohio State 101-67. Ohio State is 43-40 in Columbus.
- As a ranked team, No. 17 Ohio State is 24-11 vs. Illinois.
- The Buckeyes own an overall record of 758-677 against current Big Ten members.
- Tied at 46 with 6:08 remaining in the game, Ohio State went on a 12-4 run to claim their largest lead, 58-50.
- Three players scored in double figures for Ohio State: LaQuinton Ross (18 points), Lenzelle Smith Jr. (16) and Aaron Craft (11).
- Ohio State has won 80-consecutive home games against unranked opponents. The last loss was Dec. 27, 2008 vs. West Virginia.
- Ohio State has won 53-consecutive home games against unranked Big Ten opponents. The last loss was Jan. 19 2005 vs. Minnesota.
- The Buckeyes are 79-22 all-time vs. Big Ten opponents at Value City Arena, 2-8 vs. Illinois.
- As a ranked team, No. 17 Ohio State is 471-128 all-time.
- The Buckeyes scored 16 points off a season-high 15 turnovers for Illinois.
- Matta is 266-77 during his career at Ohio State and 368-108 overall as a head coach.
- In 13 seasons as a head coach, Matta owns an overall record of 136-56 vs. Big Ten members, including a mark of 133-54 while coaching the Buckeyes.
- Matta is 53-1 against unranked Big Ten opponents at home.
- Matta is 13-5 against Illinois as OSU head coach. His teams ranked against Illinois are 10-2, including a 6-0 record in Columbus.
- Matta is 11-4 vs. his former assistant coaches, including a 2-1 record against Illinois coach John Groce.
- Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 220-24 record as Ohio State head coach.
- At the helm of the Ohio State program, Matta is 55-26 in the month of January.
- Collected two steals against Illinois. He ranks third all-time in Big Ten history with 295. He needs six steals to pass Gary Grant of Michigan (300) for second all-time and 30 to pass Bruce Douglas of Illinois (324) for first.
- Had five assists vs. the Fighting Illini. He is Ohio State’s all-time assist leader with 628 for his career. Craft ranks eighth all-time in Big Ten history. He needs 18 assists to pass Scott Skiles (645) of Michigan State for seventh.
- Scored 11 points. He ranks 36th all-time at Ohio State with 1,157 career points. Craft passed Frank Howard (1,147) during the matchup with Illinois. He needs 23 to pass Lawrence Funderburke (1,179) for 35th all-time
- Made four free throws, passing 300 for his career (302).
- Led the Buckeyes with 18 points. Passing the 600-point career milestone, he now has 607 points total.
- Has scored in double figures in 13 of his last 15 games.
- Has recorded at least two steals in each of the last five games, as well as 13 of 20 games overall this season.
- With five made field goals, he reached 300 for his Buckeye career.
Walker Transfers to Ohio State
🏀 Ohio State Basketball Court Fan Vote 🏀
Holtmann Talks 2017-18 Season