Postgame Notes: Nebraska (9-8, 1-4) 68, No. 17 Ohio State (15-4, 2-4) 62
Jan. 20, 2014
Nebraska (9-8, 1-4) 68, No. 17 Ohio State (15-4, 2-4) 62
Jan. 20, 2014
Pinnacle Bank Arena – Lincoln, Neb.
- Please note Ohio State’s matchup with Illinois on Jan. 23 is scheduled for a 7 p.m. start time. The game will be broadcast on ESPN.
- Ohio State leads the all-time series against the Cornhuskers 10-3. The Buckeyes own a record of 3-2 in Lincoln.
- As a ranked team, No. 17 Ohio State is 7-1 when facing Nebraska.
- The loss snapped a nine-game Ohio State win streak vs. Nebraska. It was the first win for the Cornhuskers in the series since 1985.
- The Buckeyes own an overall record of 757-677 against current Big Ten members.
- Ohio State went on an 18-2 run spanning 6:54 of playing time to overcome a 14-point deficit (34-20). With the run, the Buckeyes regained the lead, 38-36 in the second half.
- The Buckeyes have not recorded four-consecutive losses since the 2007-08 campaign when the squad fell to Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana and Minnesota (Feb. 17 – March 1).
- Ohio State has lost back-to-back games against unranked opponents for the first time since the 2008-09 season (at Wisconsin, at Northwestern)
- As a ranked team, No. 17 Ohio State is 470-128 all-time.
- Ohio State held Nebraska to season-lows in made 3-pointers (2) and 3-point percentage (15 percent, 2-13). Opponents are shooting 26.1 percent (81-310) from long distance against the Buckeyes this season.
- The Buckeye defense forced a season-high 17 turnovers for the Cornhuskers.
- Ohio State scored 21 bench points. The Buckeye bench has outscored opponents 411-260 this season.
- Matta is 265-77 during his career at Ohio State and 367-108 overall as a head coach.
- In 13 seasons as a head coach, Matta owns an overall record of 135-56 vs. Big Ten members, including a mark of 132-54 while coaching the Buckeyes. Matta is 6-1 against Nebraska as OSU head coach.
- Against unranked opponents, Matta owns a 219-24 record as Ohio State head coach.
- Matta is 54-26 in the month of January as OSU head coach.
- Recorded three steals vs. Nebraska, tying a career high.
- Has scored in double figures in 12 of his last 14 games.
- Collected two steals against Nebraska. He ranks third all-time in Big Ten history with 292. He needs nine steals to pass Gary Grant of Michigan (300) for second all-time and 33 to pass Bruce Douglas of Illinois (324) for first.
- Had three assists vs. the Cornhuskers. He is Ohio State’s all-time assist leader with 623 for his career. Craft ranks eighth all-time in Big Ten history. He needs 23 assists to pass Scott Skiles (645) of Michigan State for seventh.
- Scored 12 points. He ranks 37th all-time at Ohio State with 1,146 career points. Craft passed Jamaal Brown (1,139) during the matchup with Nebraska. He needs two points to pass Frank Howard (1,147) for 36th all-time.
Evan Turner - Hall of Fame Weekend
Schedule Set for 2016-17 Buckeyes