Jan. 19, 2013
No. 18 Michigan St. (16-3, 5-1 Big Ten) 59, No. 15 Ohio State (13-4, 3-2 Big Ten) 56
Jan. 19, 2013
Breslin Center – East Lansing, Mich.
Attendance – TBA
- The game marks the 113th meeting between Big Ten foes Ohio State and Michigan State
- Michigan State owns the series lead with a 61-53 record and a 37-17 lead in East Lansing.
- As a ranked team, Ohio State is 20-11 in the Michigan State series. Ohio State is 7-18 against ranked Michigan State teams.
- Ohio State cut Michigan State’s lead to one with 10.8 seconds remaining in the game. The Spartans then made two free throws with 7.9 seconds left to extend the lead to three.
- Michigan State began the game with a 13-2 run. The Buckeyes, however, then matched the Spartans with a 13-0 run of their own.
- For only the third time this season, Ohio State trailed at halftime. Each of those games - Kansas, Illinois and Michigan State - resulted in a Buckeye loss.
- Ohio State held a 15-5 advantage in bench points. The Buckeye bench has outscored its opponents in 14 of the first 17 games, holding a 365-296 overall advantage.
- The Buckeyes scored 13 points off 13 Spartan turnovers.
- As a ranked team (AP), No. 15 Ohio State is 439-120 all-time.
- The Buckeyes have an all-time record of 148-234 vs. ranked opponents in the Associated Press Top 25.
- In games where both teams enter with a Top 25 ranking, Ohio State is 68-60 all-time.
- The Buckeyes are 742-670 all-time in Big Ten play.
- Matta is 234-69 during his career at Ohio State and 335-100 overall as a head coach.
- In his 13 years as a head coach, Matta is 120-49 vs. current Big Ten opponents, including a record of 116-47 at Ohio State.
- Matta holds an 8-9 record vs. the Spartans.
- Led all scorers with 28 points.
- With 1,250 points, Thomas moves to No. 30 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State. He needs 32 points to pass former teammate Jared Sullinger for 30th all-time.
- Has scored in double figures in all 17 games this season and totaled 20 or more points in ten contests.
- Connected on a career-high six three-point shots.
- Craft recorded a season-high five steals against the Spartans.
- Craft is tied for first on the all-time list in steals at Ohio State with 204. Jay Burson also recorded 204 during his tenure with the Buckeyes from 1986-89.
- Now one of only two Buckeyes in history to record 200 career steals.
- With six assists for the game, Craft remains fourth on the all-time list at Ohio with 438 for his career. He needs 37 assists to pass Curtis Wilson for third.
- Has recorded at least one steal in 12-consecutive games.
- With three points vs. the Spartans, Thompson reached 200 for his career at Ohio State.
Buckeyes’ 2017-18 Schedule Set
Summer Update - C.J. Jackson
Musa Jallow Added to Roster for 2017-18