Jan. 8, 2013
No. 15 Ohio State 74 (12-3, 2-1 Big Ten), Purdue 64 (7-8, 1-2 Big Ten)
Jan. 8, 2013
Mackey Arena – West Lafayette, Ind.
• Ohio State has won four of the last five meetings with the Boilermakers. Overall, Purdue owns the series lead with an 83-79 record and a 54-25 lead in West Lafayette.
• As a ranked team, Ohio State is 25-4 in the Purdue series.
• The Buckeyes are 741-669 all-time in Big Ten play.
• Since the end of the 2008-2009 season, Ohio State has avoided back-to-back losses, when the Buckeyes fell to Purdue, 65-61, in the Big Ten tournament final and suffered a 74-72 overtime loss at the hands of Siena in the opening round of the NCAA tournament.
• Three players scored in double figures for Ohio State: Deshaun Thomas (22 points), Aaron Craft (15) and Evan Ravenel (13).
• Ohio State held a 21-14 advantage in bench points. The Buckeye bench has outscored opposing benches in 13 of 15 games and 342-206 overall this season.
• The Buckeyes shot 56.4 percent for the game (31-55), the first team to shoot 50 percent or better vs. Purdue this season.
• OSU used runs of 13-2 and 9-0 to take control of the game in the first half.
• As a ranked team (Associated Press), No. 15 Ohio State is 438-119 all-time.
• Matta is 233-68 during his career at Ohio State and 334-99 overall as a head coach.
• In his 13 years as a head coach, Matta is 119-48 vs. current Big Ten opponents, including a record of 115-46 at Ohio State.
• Tuesday’s win was the 100th Big Ten regular-season victory for Matta at Ohio State.
• Matta is 14-6 vs. Purdue as head coach of the Buckeyes.
• Matta is 51-17 in games following a loss.
• Led all scorers with 22 points.
• With 1,202 points, Thomas remains No. 34 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State. He needs nine points to pass Luke Witte for thirty-third all-time.
• Has scored in double figures in all 15 games this season and totaled 20 or more points in eight contests.
• Tied a career high with two steals.
• Scored 15 points, 13 of 15 in the second half.
• Craft recorded one steal against the Boilermakers. He is currently No. 2 on the all-time list at Ohio State (198). Jay Burson (1986-89) is Ohio State's career leader with 204.
• With two assists for the game, Craft remains fourth on the all-time list at Ohio State with 428 for his career. He needs 47 assists to pass Curtis Wilson for third.
• Has recorded at least one steal in 10-consecutive games.
• Tied a career high with three blocks.
• Tied a career high with six rebounds.
LENZELLE SMITH, JR.
• Collected a season-high 10 rebounds.