Buckeyes tabbed third by panel of conference media
LaQuinton Ross scores 26 points and pulls down 13 rebounds.
Buckeyes Held Spartans Scoreless the Final 4:30
LaQuinton Ross scored 19 points to lead the Buckeyes
Five Buckeyes reach double figures in scoring for OSU
Ohio State vs. Dayton - USATSI Gallery
Ohio State vs. Nebraska (USATSI)
2014 Big Ten Tournament
March 13, 2014
Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Ohio State vs. Purdue (USATSI)
No. 22 Ohio State at Indiana photos by USA TODAY Sports
2014-15 Williams Player Profile
AS A JUNIOR (2013-14)
- Started all 35 games, averaging 7.8 points per game and 5.8 rebounds a contest
- Shot 60 percent from field (101-of-169) in 2013-14
- Passed 400-point mark for his career (450)
- Played in 100th career game vs. Michigan in Big Ten Tournament (March 15)
- Scored in double figures on 12 occasions in 2013-14
- Tallied 135 rejections for his career ... passed Lawrence Funderburke (131) for seventh on OSU career blocks chart ... needs two to overtake Granville Waiters (136) for sixth all-time
Notable Games in 2013-14
- Recorded third-career double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds vs. Delaware (Dec. 18)
- Recorded second career double-double with 12 points and 16 rebounds vs. Wyoming (Nov. 25) in career-high 32 minutes
- Earned first career double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds vs Ohio (Nov. 12) ... 14 points were a then-career high
- Tied career high with 8 defensive rebounds vs. North Dakota State (Dec. 14)
- Tied a career high with six blocks vs. Bryant (Dec. 11) ... last time Williams recorded six blocks was vs. Iowa (1/22/13)
- Led all scorers with a career-high 18 points vs. North Florida (Nov. 29) ... 8 field goals and 11 attempts serves as career high
- Collected career-high 16 rebounds vs. Wyoming (Nov. 25) ... eight offensive and eight defensive boards also career bests
- Totaled career high 16 points vs. American to lead all scorers
- Posted career high in free throws made (8) and attempted (10) vs. Bobcats
AS A SOPHOMORE (2012-13)
- Played in all 37 games, moving into a starting role for the last 26 contests, beginning against Chicago State (12/29/12).
- Produced 3.5 points, 3.9 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per contest.
- Shot at a 56 percent clip this year (40-72), a team high among players with at least 20 FG attempts.
- Led team in blocks with 50, producing multi-block games 14 times, and putting up at least one in 24 games.
Notable Games in 2012-13
- Secured career highs in points (10), field-goal makes (4) and attempts (7) in win over Northwestern (2/14/13).
- Had nine points at Michigan (2/5/13), a then-career high
- Put up a career-best six blocks vs. Iowa (1/22/13).
- Tallied a career-high tying seven points vs. Winthrop (12/18/12).
- Grabbed career-high 10 rebounds at Duke (11/28/12), including seven in the first half.
- Tied a then-career high with six points vs. UMKC (11/23/12).
- Averaged 4.0 points between the two games of the Hall of Fame Tipoff in Connecticut, including a season-high five vs. Washington (11/18/12).
- Saw a career-high 16 minutes of action vs. Albany in the season opener (11/11/12).
AS A FRESHMAN (2011-12)
- Played in 27 games with 2.1 rebounds and 1.7 points per game with 23 blocks (second on the team)
- Made three appearances in NCAA tournament games, including the Final Four contest vs. Kansas (3/31/12).
- Played nine minutes in regional final vs. Syracuse (3/24/12), spelling foul-plagued Jared Sullinger and Evan Ravenel ... Tallied three points and a pair of blocks in win
- Saw action in first career NCAA game, playing four minutes against Gonzaga (3/17/12), securing a block
- Took the court in all three of the Big Ten Tournament games, averaging 2.7 minutes per an appearance
- Put up trio of blocks vs. Penn State (1/25/12), his fourth multi-block performance of the season
- Grabbed six rebounds, including four off the defensive glass, against Northwestern (12/28/11)
- Scored career-high six points and added pair of blocks in win at South Carolina (12/17/11)
- Tallied one block in single minute vs. Duke (11/29/11)
- Put up four blocks vs. VMI (11/23/11), the most for a Buckeye player since 2/22/11 when David Lighty swatted six against Illinois
- Tallied seven boards, including five off the offensive glass, and five points vs. Jackson State (11/18/11)
- One of four freshmen to make debut in season opener vs. Wright State
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
- Averaged 18 points, 12.6 rebounds and nearly five blocks per game his senior season at Detroit Country Day High School, earning McDonalds All-America accolades
- Also dished out 32 assists and had 29 steals his final season
- Finished third in Michigan Mr. Basketball voting
- Produced a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds in the title game
- Played for legendary coach Kurt Keener at Detroit County Day H.S. He also played for The Family AAU team with teammate Trey McDonald on the summer circuit.
- Son of Keith Jacks and Erma Williams and is the brother of Nikita Williams and Khalil Williams. Cousin, Darrill Williams, played football for Cincinnati
- Lists greatest sports thrill is winning 2010 Michigan state championship and advancing to title game in 2011