Five players scored in double figures for the Buckeyes
Buckeyes spent afternoon fielding questions about 2013-14 squad
Nineteen Ohio State student-athletes will be interning within the department of athletics this summer
Junior forward leaves Ohio State as Top 10 all-time scorer
Ohio State has 29 wins in fourth-consecutive season
Ohio State vs. Dayton - USATSI Gallery
2014 Big Ten Tournament First Round March 13, 2014 Bankers Life Fieldhouse Indianapolis, Ind.
Ohio State vs. Purdue (USATSI)
Ohio State vs. No. 22 Michigan State photos by USA TODAY Sports
No. 22 Ohio State at Indiana photos by USA TODAY Sports
2013-14 BIO in PDF Format
AS A SENIOR (2013-14)
- Started all 35 games, averaging 11.0 points per game and 5.1 rebounds per contest
- Along with classmate Aaron Craft, recorded 100 victories in 119 career games following North Florida game (Nov. 29) ... duo is the fastest to 100 wins in Ohio State history - William Buford (2008-11) held the previous record, reaching 100 victories in 124 career games ... Craft and Smith Jr. are second only to the 2014 Kansas senior class nationally in quickest to 100 wins ... KU class won its 100th game in 116 games
- Made 100th career start vs. Purdue (Feb. 8)
- Scored more than 1,000 career points (1,014) ... 26th player in Ohio State history with 1,000 career points and 500 career rebounds (548)
- Ohio State was 7-1 in 2013-14 when Smith Jr. made more than three 3-pointers
- Reached 300 field goals (349) for his Buckeye career.
- Played in 100th career game against American (Nov. 20)
Notable Games in 2013-14
- Recorded second double-double of career with 14 points and 10 rebounds vs. Northwestern (Feb. 19)
- Led all scorers with 17 points on 6-of-10 shooting from the field (3-of-6 from free throw line) vs. ULM (Dec. 27)
- Scored all 9 points vs. Notre Dame (Dec. 21) in final 44 seconds, including hitting 3-straight free throws after being fouled behind the arc with 32 seconds left ... 5-of-5 from the line, including making final two shots with 10 seconds left to give Buckeyes 63-60 lead after trailing by 8 (58-50) with 1:56 remaining
- Led all scorers with 19 points on 6-of-9 shooting from the field, including 2-of-4 from behind the arc vs. Bryant (Dec. 11) ... 5-of-7 from free throw line
- Led all scorers with 20 points in win vs. Wyoming (Nov. 25) ... 6-of-12 from the field and 5-of-8 from 3-point line
- Led all scorers with 18 points vs. Morgan State (Nov. 9)
AS A JUNIOR (2012-13)
- Has started all 35 games with averages of 9.4 points and 4.8 rebounds per game.
- Has notched double-figures 16 times this season, most recently with 12 in NCAA win over Iona (3/22/13).
- Reached the 600 career-point plateau with four points in the Big Ten Tournament final vs. Wisconsin (3/17/13).
Notable Games in 2012-13
- Tallied season-high 24 points at Northwestern (2/28/13), which was the first double-digit outing since the team's last meeting vs. the Wildcats ... Went 6-11 from 3-point range in the road win, career highs in both makes and attempts.
- Was a perfect 6-6 from the field at Nebraska (2/2/13), including three treys, and hit 6-8 FTs for season-best 21 points.
- Finished Penn State game (1/26/13) with 11 points, securing 7 from the FT line ... Also grabbed eight boards.
- Broke 10 points for first time in five games with 12 vs. Iowa (1/22/13), while also grabbing six boards.
- Notched back-to-back games with 10 rebounds against Michigan (1/13/13), all on the defensive end.
- Grabbed a season-best 10 boards at Purdue (1/8/13), including eight on the defensive end.
- Connected on 5 of 7 3-pointers vs. Nebraska (1/2/13), a career-best for long range makes in a game.
- Produced 16 points with season-high tying three assists vs. UNC Asheville (12/15/12).
- Tallied 14 points and nine rebounds against Long Beach State (12/8/12), hitting a season-best tying three 3FG.
- Made up for scoreless outing against Washington (11/18/12) with six boards, three assists and two steals.
- Opened year with 18 points against Albany (11/11/12).
AS A SOPHOMORE (2011-12)
- Started all 39 games, producing 6.8 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game
- Produced double-digits in eight career contests, including each of the NCAA East Region games in Boston
- Named to the NCAA All-East Region Team after averaging 17.5 points and 4.5 rebounds through games vs. Cincinnati and Syracuse
- One of four players to start every game this season
Notable Games in 2011-12
- Produced 11.o points and 5.2 rebounds through the five games of the NCAA tournament ... Had 24 defensive boards during the run, including a career-high eight vs. Loyola Maryland in the Round of 64
- Named to All-East Region Team after tallying 17.5 points per game with 17 coming against Cincinnati (3/22/12) and 18, one off the game-high, vs. Syracuse (3/24/12) ... Hit three 3s in each game, marking the first back-to-back games with multiple 3s of his career
- Averaged 26.5 minutes between NCAA Tournament games in Pittsburgh, Pa., producing 6.5 rebounds and 5.0 points per game ... Picked up career-high eight defensive boards in the second-round win over Loyola (3/15/12) ... Added seven points to the cause in third-round victory against Gonzaga (3/17/12)
- Had two double-digit scoring efforts during the Big Ten Tournament, producing 11 points vs. Purdue (3/9/12) and 10 against Michigan State (3/11/12) ... Had six rebounds, four assists, two steals and a block in remaining game vs. Michigan (3/10/12) ... Averaged 8.0 points, 4.0 boards and 2.0 helpers through the weekend of play
- Tallied career-high seven assists in win at Northwestern (2/29/12), while tallying 12 points
- Earned first career double-double vs. Michigan (1/29/12), tallying 17 points and 12 rebounds (8 offensive)
- More than doubled previous career high by exploding for 28 points vs. Indiana (1/15/12), shooting 10-12 from the field with four 3s and pulling down seven boards
- Produced then career high in second road game in a row, ending Indiana (12/31/11) game with 12 points, while adding six rebounds and three assists
- Quietly produced then-career highs in both points and rebounds with nine at South Carolina (12/17/11), while adding three assists
- Tied then-career high in assists (5) vs. Valparaiso (11/25/11)
- Produced highlight reel-worthy dunks vs. North Florida (11/21/11), ending night with seven points
- Posted career highs in assists (5) and steals (3) against North Florida (11/21/11)
- Played then career-high 26 minutes in win over Florida (11/15/11), producing six points and a pair of steals
- Made first career start in season opener vs. Wright State (11/11/11) and established or tied 10 career highs
AS A FRESHMAN (2010-11)
- Saw action in 20 games, including seven vs. Big Ten foes
- Averaged 1.2 points and 0.8 rebounds per game with nine assists and five steals
Notable Games in 2010-11
- Scored a career-high five points, including first career 3-pointer, in win over UTSA (3/18/11)
- Hit pair of free throws and grabbed a rebound in win at Penn State (3/1/11)
- Hit pair of free throws and grabbed a defensive board in win over Indiana (2/27/11)
- Made the most of one minute vs. Illinois (2/22/11), tallying two points and two rebounds
- Played two minutes at Indiana (12/31/10) and vs. Iowa (1/19/11) for first Big Ten action
- Tallied four points and three offensive boards in 14 minutes vs. Tennessee-Martin (12/27/10), all career-high marks
- Tied career high with three assists in nine minutes vs. Western Carolina (12/12/10)
- Played five minutes in opener vs. Aggies, tallying two points.
- One of six freshmen to see first minutes in a Buckeye uniform vs. North Carolina A&T (11/12/10); all six tallied at least two points.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
- Was first-team all-state as a junior and senior and led Zion-Benton High School to a state runner-up finish in 2008 as a sophomore for head coach Don Kloth
- Averaged 20 points and eight rebounds as a senior, en route to being an Illinois Class 4A First Team selection and participant in the High School Academic All-American game May 1, 2010 in Azusa, Calif. The game featured the finest basketball players in the country who excelled in the classroom and contributed to their communities. The average player in the game had a grade-point average of 3.6.
- Averaged 13.6 points and 7.2 rebounds as a sophomore during the team's state title game run that ended with a 32-4 record on the season.
- Son of Lenzelle and Teshela Smith and has one brother, Ronald.
- Would like to be a sports agent after graduation from Ohio State.
- Enjoys listening to music and watching movies and lists winning as his greatest sports thrill.
- Spearheaded a basketball clinic for grade school students and emphasized the importance of academics, an idea supported by him being an "A" student in high school and a member of the National Honor Society.
Musa Jallow Added to Roster for 2017-18