Buckeyes fall in Big Ten Tournament semifinals
LaQuinton Ross scores 26 points and pulls down 13 rebounds.
Buckeyes Held Spartans Scoreless the Final 4:30
No. 22 Ohio State Held Illinois to 28.3 Percent Shooting
Buckeyes end four-game skid
Ohio State vs. Dayton - USATSI Gallery
Ohio State vs. Nebraska (USATSI)
2014 Big Ten Tournament First Round March 13, 2014 Bankers Life Fieldhouse Indianapolis, Ind.
No. 22 Ohio State at Indiana photos by USA TODAY Sports
No. 22 Ohio State at Illinois photos by USA TODAY Sports
2013-14 BIO in PDF Format
- 2014 Big Ten All-Tournament Team
- 2014 Third Team All-Big Ten (coaches)
- 2014 Honorable Mention All-Big Ten (media)
- 2013 BlackRock Gotham Classic MVP
- B1G Player of the Week - 12/9/13
- 2014 Naismith Award Watch List
- 2014 Wooden Award Top 50 List
AS A JUNIOR (2013-14)
- Started all 35 games, averaging 15.2 points per game in 29.0 minutes of action
- Named to Big Ten All-Tournament Team ... recorded sixth double-double of career in Big Ten Tournament action (March 13-15) vs. Purdue & Nebraska
- Led Buckeyes in scoring 25 times in 2013-14 ... reached double figures in 17 of last 19 games ... scored in double figures in 10 consecutive games from Jan. 12-Feb. 1
- Scored 858 career points ... passed 500-point mark in 2013-14 (533)
- Passed 300 career rebounds (320)
- BlockRock Gotham Classic MVP ... recorded second-career double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds vs. Notre Dame (Dec. 21) in career-high 35 minutes ... 11 boards tied career best
- Earned Big Ten Player of the week honors following back-to-back 20-point scoring games in wins over Maryland (Dec. 4) and Central Connecticut State (Dec. 7) ... averaged 21.5 points in the wins while shooting 61.5 percent from the field (16-26) and 50 percent from 3-point range (4-8)
Notable Games in 2013-14
- Scored 19 points and pulled down career-best 15 boards vs. Purdue in first round of Big Ten Tournament ... scored career high 26 points and grabbed 13 boards vs. Nebraska in quarterfinals of Big Ten Tournament (March 13-15)
- In first-career start, earned first double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds against Morgan State (Nov.9); 11 rebounds vs. Morgan State were career best
- Led all scorers with 19 points in win vs. Delaware (Dec.18) ... 8-of-13 from the field, including 2-of-2 from behind the arc in career high 31 minutes
- Led all scorers with a career-high 23 points vs. CCSU (Dec. 7), going 9-of-13 from the field and 5-of-6 from the free throw line in career high 30 minutes
- Set a season-high for Buckeyes with 23 point performance vs. Blue Devils (Dec. 7) and scored 20 or more points for the second-consecutive game
- Led all scorers with season high 20 points in Buckeyes' win over Maryland (Dec. 4) ... in career high 30 minutes, tied personal best with four 3-point field goals ... was 4-of-4 behind the arc before finishing 4-of-6 ... scored 17 of 20 points in first half
AS A SOPHOMORE (2012-13)
- Saw action in all 37 games, averaging 8.3 points and 2.9 rebounds.
- Produced nearly seven points over season average in the four NCAA tournament games, averaging 15.0 points up to the Elite Eight.
- Produced 17 points against Iowa State (3/24/13), including 10 in a row in the second half ... Tied career high with three made 3s in the stretch.
- Was fourth on the team in scoring through three Big Ten Tournament games, averaging 9.0 points with a team-high six 3-pointers.
- Hit 78 percent of his foul shots (52-67) on the season.
- Hit the game winner from 3-point range vs. Arizona in the "Sweet 16" NCAA game ... finished with 17 points on 5 of 8 shooting and 2 of 2 from 3-point range.
- Scored 19 points in 22 minutes in the NCAA "Elite Eight" game vs. Wichita State ... made 9 of 10 foul shots.
- Exploded for 16 points against Michigan (2/5/13), shooting .700 for the game with two 3s, and gradding a career-best five offensive boards.
- Knocked down a pair of 3s vs. Wisconsin (1/29/13), including one during the Buckeyes' 15-0 second-half run.
- Shot 57 percent against Chicago State (12/29/12), ending with 15 points on 4-7 shooting and 5-6 from FT line.
- Scored in double-digits for the third-consecutive game against Savannah State (12/12/12), ending night with 13 points and nine boards while nabbing a career-high three steals ... All 13 points came in the second half.
- Tallied 16 points off 5-10 shooting and a career-best 6-6 showing from the FT line against Long Beach State (12/8/12) ... Missed a double-double by one rebound, ending contest with nine boards ... Also had personal-best four assists.
- Exploded for career-best 22 points against Northern Kentucky (12/1/12), going 8-12 from field ... Broke or tied personal-best totals in 11 stat categories vs. the Norse.
- Produced career-best 11 points and five boards in win over UMKC (11/23/12), hitting three shots and 4-6 FTs.
- Registered first career block and steal in team's win over Washington (11/18/12) in Hall of Fame Tipoff.
- Scored a then career-high 10 points vs. Albany in the season opener (11/11/12).
- Played in nine games since joining team Dec. 11, averaging 2.0 points per game
- Attended classes and worked out with Buckeyes over the summer before leaving the team just prior to the start of official practice in October to work on meeting NCAA academic qualification requirements
- Met those requirements and joined the team Dec. 11. He officially became eligible Dec. 9
Notable Games in 2011-12
- Took the court in two games of the Big Ten Tournament, scoring two in semifinal win over Michigan (3/10/12)
- Matched previous best five points against Illinois (2/21/12), hitting pair of FGs and lone FT attempt
- Saw first action vs. Miami (Ohio) (12/22/11), hitting a 3-pointer and adding two FTs for five points in four minutes
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
- Starred at Life Center Academy in Burlington, N.J. for final two seasons of high school basketball after transferring from Murrah High School in Mississippi prior to junior season
- During his senior campaign, averaged 25.4 points and 11.3 rebounds per game en route to being named All-New Jersey and all-city. His performance during the district championship earned him MVP honors
- Heralded as an ESPNU Top 75 recruit and was labeled as a 4.5 star recruit
- Son of April Ross and boasts Alexus and Kennedi Ross are his two sisters
- Member of National Honor Society in high school
- Hopes to become a real estate agent after college
Musa Jallow Added to Roster for 2017-18