LaQuinton Ross scores 26 points and pulls down 13 rebounds.
No. 22 Ohio State Held Illinois to 28.3 Percent Shooting
LaQuinton Ross scored 19 points to lead the Buckeyes
Five players scored in double figures for the Buckeyes
Buckeyes spent afternoon fielding questions about 2013-14 squad
Ohio State vs. Dayton - USATSI Gallery
Ohio State vs. Nebraska (USATSI)
Ohio State vs. Northwestern (USATSI)
Ohio State vs. Michigan (USATSI)
Purdue @ Ohio State (USATSI)
AS A SOPHOMORE (2013-14)
- Played in 33 games, averaging 11.9 minutes and 4.0 points per game
- Collected career hight six rebounds vs. Nebraska (March 14)
- Strong defensively vs. Cornhuskers (March 14), posting career-high two steals and three blocks
- Scored 9 of 11 points in the first half at Wisconsin (Feb. 1) on 3-of-6 shooting from the field and 2-of-3 from 3-point range ... finished leading Buckeye bench with 11 points on 4-of-8 shooting and 2-of-4 from behind the arc
- Scored 8 of Buckeyes' 13 bench points vs. Penn State (Jan. 29)
- Led all scorers with 15 points vs. Nebraska (Jan. 4) ... shot a perfect 5-of-5 from the field, 3-of-3 from 3-point range
- In career-high 23 minutes, scored 14 points vs. ULM (Dec. 27) ... career-best 5-of-12 from the field ... scored 14 of Ohio State's 27 bench points
- Passed 100 career points (171) in win vs. Warhawks (Dec. 27)
- One of five Buckeyes to score double figures with 10 points vs. Delaware (Dec. 18) ... led Buckeye bench in scoring (10 of 20 points)
- Scored career-high 17 points and connected on a career-best five 3-point field goals vs. North Florida (Nov. 29)
- Responsible for 17 of Ohio State's 29 bench points vs. the Ospreys (Nov. 29)
- Played a then-career high 20 minutes vs. Morgan State (Nov. 9)
AS A FRESHMAN (2012-13)
- Led Team Italy to the U20 Euro Championship during summer 2013, earning MVP honors of the tournament.
- Saw action in 15 games this season, averaging 2.5 points and 1.5 rebounds per appearance.
- Played six minutes of NCAA tournament action against Iona, draining two FTs.
- Provided a spark off the bench vs. Minnesota (2/20/13), playing seven minutes with a pair of 3s.
- Drained three 3s vs. Chicago State (12/29/12), ending with a career-high 11 points to go with three defensive rebounds.
- Tallied five points and three boards against Long Beach State (12/8/12).
- Played 19 minutes against UMKC (11/23/12), scoring first three OSU points off a shot beyond arc ... Also tallied five boards, including four on defensive end.
- Saw first action as a Buckeye in final minute against Rhode Island (11/17/12).
- Injured ankle in preseason, but began practicing again Nov. 13 and was available for action in the Hall of Fame Tipoff Classic.
Amedeo Della Valle led Italy in scoring with 15.1 points per game in the 2011 U-18 European Championships. A native of Alba, Italy, Della Valle moved to the United States following the championships to attend Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev. A reliable shooter from long range, Della Valle broke the record for 3-pointers made in a single season (66), previously held by Cory Joseph, during his only season at Findlay Prep. Ranked among the Top 30 shooting guards in the 2012 recruiting class by scouting services, the Buckeyes' lone freshman will add depth to the rotation at the guard spot.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
- Averaged 15.1 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game for Italy during the 2011 U-18 European Championships
- Ranked second at the championships in 3-point field goal percentage, shooting 50 percent from downtown
- Broke record for 3-pointers made in a single season at Findley Prep with 66
- Also averaged 15 points, 6.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game at Findley Prep
- Part of Findlay Prep's third ESPN National High School Invitational championship ... the school boasts alums Tristan Thompson of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Avery Bradley of the Boston Celtics
- Played for Junior Casale in Italy from 2007-11 ... split time between the point and shooting guard positions
- Son of Carlo and Cristina Della Valle ... Father, Carlo, played 15 seasons of professional basketball in Italy
- Would like to pursue professional basketball or work in a business-related field following his time at Ohio State
- Enjoys spending time with friends and teammates away from the court
Buckeyes’ 2017-18 Schedule Set
Summer Update - C.J. Jackson
Musa Jallow Added to Roster for 2017-18