155 to receive degrees in Ohio Stadium
511 Ohio State Scholar-Athletes recognized
Male and female Medal of Honor winners to be announced Monday
Buckeyes fall in Big Ten Tournament semifinals
LaQuinton Ross scores 26 points and pulls down 13 rebounds.
Florida Head Coach Billy Donovan on Ohio State guard Aaron Craft ... I thought he dominated this game from start to finish.
Aaron Craft April 6, 2014 Dallas, Texas
Ohio State vs. Dayton - USATSI Gallery
Ohio State vs. Nebraska (USATSI)
2014 Big Ten Tournament First Round March 13, 2014 Bankers Life Fieldhouse Indianapolis, Ind.
Ohio State vs. Purdue (USATSI)
Seth Davis Show: Transition from QB to PG
Seth Davis Show: Craft Dishes 2014 Buckeyes
Seth Davis Show: @CRAFTroomies
Seth Davis Show: Can Craft Break His Rubik's Cube Record?
BTN Rubik's Cube Video
Aaron Craft is the perfect roommate| by Dana O'Neil, ESPN.com
2013-14BIO in PDF Format
- 2014 NABC National Defensive Player of the Year
- 2014 Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year
- 2014 All-Big Ten Defensive Team
- 2014 Second Team All-Big Ten (Media)
- 2014 Third Team All-Big Ten (Coaches)
- 2014 First Team Academic All-America
- 2014 Academic All-America of the Year (Men's Basketball)
- 2014 Bob Cousy Award Finalist
- 2014 Allstate NABC Good Works Team
- 2014 Senior CLASS Award Finalist
- 2013 Preston V. McMurry Scholar Athlete Citizenship Award
- 2013-14 CBSSports.com Preseason All-American, Second Team
- 2013-14 Sporting News Preseason All-American, Third Team
- 2013-14 CBSSports.com Preseason All-Big Ten
- 2013 McMurry Award recipient, which recognizes community service and commitment to citizenship
- 2013 Big Ten Tournament MOP
- 2013 Big Ten All-Tournament Team
- 2013 USBWA All-District V Team
- 2013 First Team All-Big Ten, media
- 2013 Second Team All-Big Ten, coaches
- 2013 Big Ten All-Defensive Team, coaches
- 2013 Capital One Academic All-America of the Year/First Team Academic All-American
- 2012-13 Bob Cousy Award Semifinalist
- 2013 Big Ten Player of the Week (March 11)
- Hall of Fame Tipoff All-Tournament Team
- 2012-13 Wooden Award Preseason Top 50
- 2012-13 Naismith Award Preseason Top 50
- 2012 NCAA Elite 89 Award-Highest GPA in Final Four
- 2012 Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year
- 2012 Capital One First Team Academic All-American
- 2012 & 2011 Big Ten All-Defensive Team (coaches)
- 2012 Third Team All-Big Ten (media)
- 2012 Honorable Mention All-Big Ten (coaches)
- 2012 Big Ten Sportsmanship Award
- 2012 Bob Cousy Award Semifinalist
- 2011 Big Ten Sixth Player of the Year
- 2011 Big Ten All-Freshman Team (coaches/media)
- 2011 Honorable Mention All-Big Ten (media)
AS A SENIOR (2013-14)
- Started all 35 games, averaging 9.8 points, 4.7 assists and 2.5 steals per game
- With classmate Lenzelle Smith Jr., reached 100 wins in 119 career games following win vs. North Florida (Nov. 29). The duo is the fastest to 100 wins in Ohio State history - William Buford (2008-11) held the previous record, reaching 100 victories in 124 career games ... Craft and Smith Jr. are second only to the 2014 Kansas senior class nationally in quickest to 100 wins. The KU class won its 100th game in 116 games
- With 337 career steals, finished career No. 1 all-time in Big Ten and Ohio State history ... number also is good for 12th all-time nationally
- Ohio State's all-time assist leader with 694 for his career ... with 4 helpers at Penn State (Jan. 29), became first Ohio State player to record 100-plus assists in four consecutive seasons ... completed career fifth all-time in Big Ten history
- No. 2 all-time at Ohio State in games played with 147
- With 1,314 career points, completed career 28th on the Buckeye all-time scoring list
- With 4,819 career minutes played, just five previous Buckeyes (William Buford, Jon Diebler, David Lighty, Jamar Butler, Herb Williams) have 400 field goals and 4000-plus minutes
- Became 50th player in Ohio State history to reach 1,000 career points
- Collected 16 multi-point performances in 2013-14
- Named Big Ten Player of the Week Feb. 10 after averaging 12 points, 5 assists, 4.5 steals and 3 rebounds in wins at Iowa (Feb. 4) and vs. Purdue (Feb. 8)
- Named Big Ten Player of the Week Jan. 6 after averaging 8 points, 7 assists, 3.5 steals & 5.5 rebounds in 2 conference wins at Purdue (Dec. 31) and vs. Nebraska (Jan. 4)
Notable Games in 2013-14
- Game vs. Iowa (Feb. 4) marked 100th career start for the Scarlet and Gray
- Connected on 3 field goals vs. Michigan (Feb. 11), passing 400 for his career (440)
- With performance at Iowa (Feb. 4), became first Big Ten player with 17 points, six assists and six steals since Charlie Bell of Michigan State in 2001
- Made four free throws vs. Illini (Jan. 23), passing 300 for his career (342)
- Recorded season high 10 assists for second time of the season at Purdue (Dec. 31) ... tied career high with 8 rebounds ... also added 7 points and 4 steals in 40 minutes
- Collected 400th career rebound vs. Delaware (Dec. 18) ... finished career with 492 boards
- Tied career high with seven steals against American (Nov. 20), second most in a single game in Buckeye history
- With 10 points at Marquette (Nov. 16), reached 1,005 as a Buckeye. First Ohio State player in history to record 500 assists, 200 steals and 1,000 career points
- Had 10 assists against Marquette (Nov. 16) ... earned second career double-double with 10 points and 10 assists
- With 3 steals against Bobcats (Nov. 12), became third player in Big Ten history with 500 assists and 250 steals in a career, joining Bruce Douglas of Illinois (1983-86) and Gary Grant of Michigan (1985-88)
AS A JUNIOR (2012-13)
- Started all 37 games, averaging 10.0 points, 4.6 assists and 2.1 steals per game.
- Averaged11.0 points, 5.0 assists and 2.8 steals through four NCAA tourney game.
- Sits in a tie for 10th place on Ohio State's NCAA scoring list (104) with David Lighty
- Owns three of Ohio State's Top 5 single-season steals records (Nos. 1, 3 and 5).
- Named MOP of Big Ten Tournament after averaging 12 points, 6.0 assists and 2.0 steals in the three games.
- Owns the top spot on all-time career steals chart (248) at Ohio State, topping Jay Burson's 204 (1986-89).
- Sits in seventh all-time in Big Ten career steal history (248) ... Needs 12 steals to pass Purdue's Brian Cardinal (1997-2000) for sixth.
- Had at least one steal in all but two games this season.
- Assist mark (530) is second all-time at Ohio State ... Needs 50 to pass Jamar Butler for the No. 1 spot.
Notable Games in 2012-13
- With three assists vs. Indiana (2/10/13), surpassed 100 helpers for third-consecutive season (172) ... William Buford (2009-12) was the last to do so over the final three seasons of his career.
- Had at least five assists 20 times this season, including in three NCAA tourney games.
- Played in 100th career game vs. Northwestern (2/14/13).
- Became Ohio State's "Man of Steal" with four vs. Iowa (1/22/13), taking over sole possession of record, while also tallying 12 points.
- Came up with season-high five steals at Michigan State (1/19/13) to tie the OSU career record for thefts.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2011-12)
- Named the 2012 NCAA Elite 89 Award winner in men's basketball for having the highest GPA among the Final Four teams with a 3.889.
- Became Ohio State's third Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year (Ken Johnson - 2000, 2001 and Greg Oden - 2007)
- Named a Capital One 2012 First Team Academic All-American, the first OSU men's basketball student-athlete academic All-America honoree since Bill Hosket in 1968
- Averaged 8.8 points, 4.6 assists and 2.5 steals in 39 starts ... Played 32.2 minutes per game
- In five NCAA tournament games, scored 10.4 points per game with averages of 5.2 assists and 3.2 steals
- Notched first career double-double in NCAA third-round win over Gonzaga (3/17/12) with 17 points and 10 assists
- Holds all-time record for season steals with 98, topping Mike Conley Jr.'s previous mark of 87 from 2006-07 season ... Career steals total (171) is third all-time
- Tallied at least three steals 32 times, including in four NCAA Tournament games and 19 overall this season ... Broke Ohio State record for NCAA steals record with six against Cincinnati (3/22/12)
- Appears five times in list of Top 5 (19-way tie for fourth) OSU single-game steals
- Averaged 4.6 assists per game, against 2.2 turnovers, for a 2.2 ratio
- Has 18 career games with at least seven assists and 33 with five or more
- Has scored in double-digits in 28 career outings, including 19 this season and eight of last 11 games
- Shot a team-best 54.1 percent in league games, connecting on 53 of 98 attempts
Notable Games in 2011-12
- Scored 10.4 points per game with averages of 5.2 assists and 3.2 steals through five NCAA games ... Shot 82 percent (18-22) from the free-throw line in the tournament
- Broke Ohio State's NCAA tournament record for steals with six against Cincinnati (3/22/12), topping his own mark of four set vs. Kentucky in 2011 ... Also had 11 points and five assists against the Bearcats
- Produced first career double-double in NCAA third-round game against Gonzaga (3/17/12), ending game with season-high tying 17 points and season-best 10 assists ... Also had three steals
- Scored on all six free-throw attempts vs. Loyola Maryland (3/15/12) in the second round, tallying eight points while nabbing five defensive boards and three steals
- Averaged 5.0 assists and 4.3 defensive rebounds through three games of the Big Ten Tournament ... tied career-best defensive board mark twice, tallying six against Purdue (3/9/12) and Michigan State (3/11/12) ... Ended game vs. Spartans with career-high eight rebounds and 10 points ... Tallied seven assists (7+ assists eight times this season) vs. Boilermakers
- Had 14 points off career-high tying four 3-pointers at Northwestern (2/29/12) ... also had four assists, including one on Jared Sullinger's game-winning bucket
- Has scored in double-digits in back-to-back games, tallying 11 vs. Illinois (2/21/12) and 13 against Wisconsin (2/26/12)
- Tallied five assists, all in the first half, and made six steals at Minnesota (2/14/12) ... Shot 4-5 from FT line
- Had 15 points vs. Michigan State (2/11/12), hitting 8-8 FTs
- Used 6-7 showing from FT line to propel 13-point outing vs. Purdue (2/7/12)
- Produced at least seven assists for sixth time this season, tallying seven to go with three steals vs. Indiana (1/15/12)
- Played all 40 mins for first time this season at Illinois (1/10/12), ending with 12 points and seven assists
- Tied season high with eight assists vs. Miami (12/22/11)
- Recovered from slow first half to score 11 at Kansas (12/10/11), while adding six assists and two steals
- Scored season-high 17 points vs. Duke (11/29/11), draining three 3s, the most since tallying four vs. Penn State (1/15/11)
- With 15 points vs. Valparaiso (11/25/11), passed the 300-point barrier, while adding eight assists
- Made five steals and had four assists in just 17 minutes of action against Jackson State (11/18/11
AS A FRESHMAN (2010-11)
- Played in all 37 games, making one start against Morehead State (11/23/10)
- Averaged 6.9 points, 4.8 assists and 2.0 steals per game
- Led all Big Ten players in assists with 177, against 79 turnovers (2.2 ratio) ... posted at least six assists in 16 games on the season, including eight against Big Ten opponents
- Broke the Ohio State record for single-game assists with 15 against George Mason in the NCAA Tournament
- Was fifth in the conference and first on the team in steals steals with 73
- Broke the freshman record for single-game steals with seven vs. Iowa (1/19/11) and had at least one in all but six games
- Finished in second place among OSU freshmen and third overall for season steals
Notable Games in 2010-11
- Set an Ohio State record with 15 assists while tallying six points and six rebounds against George Mason (3/20/11) ... the 15 assists represent the fourth-best single game mark in NCAA Tournament history
- Dished out seven assists while pulling down two boards against UTSA in NCAA second round (3/18/11)
- Scored 17 points with a career-high seven rebounds and two blocks against Northwestern (3/11/11)
- Had 11 points and a career-high tying six defensive boards in win over Purdue (1/25/11)
- Tallied OSU rookie-record seven steals against Iowa (1/19/11) and was one of four players with four assists in the game
- Named Big Ten Freshman of the Week after averaging 14.5 points for the week, connecting on 56 percent of field goals (10-18) and 60 percent of 3-point field goal tries (6-10) in wins at Michigan and vs. the Nittany Lions
- Established a new career high in scoring with a game high-tying 19 in win over Penn State (1/15/11), while adding seven assists and on turnover
- Had eight assists and five boards in win over IUPUI (12/9/10)
- Earned the start vs. Morehead State (11/23/10) because of injury to William Buford and came through with seven points and six assists, playing all 40 minutes
- Had nine assists without a turnover in first collegiate game vs. North Carolina A&T (11/12/10) ... also tallied eight points, including 4-of-4 showing from FT line.
- One of six freshmen to see first minutes in a Buckeye uniform vs. North Carolina A&T (11/12/10); all six tallied at least two points.
PRIOR TO OHIO STATE
- Led scoring efforts in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and averaged 26 points, seven assists and eight rebounds as a senior with 70 steals (3.2 per game) for head coach for Steve Williman at Liberty-Benton.
- Though handling the point guard duties, scored on 57 percent of his shots from the field (164-288), 43 percent from 3-point range (43-101) and 85 percent from the foul line (120-141).
- Played for All-Ohio Red along with Jordan Sibert, Jared Sullinger and JD Weatherspoon.
- Also played football as well for Liberty-Benton as both a quarterback and free safety. On the gridiron his LBHS was regional champions in 2006 and 2009 and the state runner up in 2009. He was an all-state QB in 2008 and 2009 while earning Ohio Division 5 Offensive Player of the Year honor in 2009.
- Son of John and Wendy Craft with siblings Brandon and Caitie ... Brandon is an Army soldier currently deployed at the start of the 2012-13 season, while Caitie is a freshman on the OSU women's basketball team.
- Enjoys time with friends and video games in spare time and lists participating with brother Brandon in both the state finals for football and basketball as a high school athlete and watching sister win a state championship is his biggest thrill in sports to date.
- Was the valedictorian of his senior class, as well as the National Honor Society president in 2009 and Spanish Club member (2007-10).
Looking Back at Buckeyes/Scarlet Knights
Buckeyes Cruise to 68-46 Win at Rutgers