Postgame Notes: North Carolina 86, Ohio State 72
Dec. 23, 2017
North Carolina 86 (11-2, 0-0 ACC), Ohio State 72 (10-4, 2-0 B1G)
Dec. 23, 2017
Smoothie King Center – New Orleans, La.
- This is the fourth time that the Buckeyes have played in the CBS Sports Classic, which debuted Dec. 20, 2014.
- Ohio State is now 2-12 against North Carolina all-time and 1-3 in the CBS Sports Classic.
- Ohio State now holds an 8-16 record all-time vs. teams ranked No. 5 in the Associated Press Poll.
- The Buckeyes are now 67-49 all-time vs. teams currently representing the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Chris Holtmann is now 1-3 vs. North Carolina and 13-17 overall against opponents ranked among the Associated Press Top 25.
- Keita Bates-Diop led the Buckeyes with 26 points. Bates-Diop has now scored in double-figures in nine consecutive games and in 13 of 14 games this season.
- Bates-Diop went a perfect 4-4 from the line.
- Jae’Sean Tate grabbed nine boards in the contest and tied his career-high assists with six.
- Tate added nine points to the Buckeye scoring effort.
- C.J. Jackson netted 19 points with four rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
- This is his second consecutive game scoring in double-figures. His longest double-figure scoring streak is four games.
- Kaleb Wesson scored 12 points and went 6-7 from the line.
- Andrew Dakich tied his career-high with 2 steals. He dished out two assists and scored four points.
Looking Back at Buckeyes/Wildcats
Looking Back at Buckeyes/Scarlet Knights