COLUMBUS, Ohio – Former Buckeye pitcher Drew Rucinski was named an International League All-Star for the Rochester Red Wings. The All-Star selection is the second of Rucinski’s career, joining 2014 with Double-A Arkansas. Rucinski has been outstanding this season for the Red Wings, allowing no runs over his last 11 games with 19.2 innings pitched. He holds a 1.54 ERA with 31 strikeouts in 35.0 innings pitched at the Triple-A level and has made two appearances with the Minnesota Twins this season.
The 30th annual contest will take place, for the first time, at historic Cheney Stadium in Tacoma, Washington on Wednesday, July 12 at 9:05 p.m. ET/6:05 p.m. PT. The game can be seen on MLB Network and heard on the Triple-A All-Star Game Radio Network. Also, read this feature on the three former Buckeyes with the Rochester Red Wings.
— Rochester Plates (@RocRedWings) June 29, 2017
Other Pro Buckeye notes:
Eric Fryer – St. Louis Cardinals
- Stats: 32 G, .152, .273OBP, .197 SLG, 3 2B, 3 RBI
Brad Goldberg – Charlotte Knights (Chicago White Sox)
- Stats (with Charlotte Knights): 26 G, 1.77 ERA, 4 SV, 35.2 IP, 42 K
- Made MLB Debut with Chicago White Sox June 3 at Comerica Park
- In last 10 appearances: 1-0 with 1.29 ERA with 23 strikeouts in 14.0 IP
Alex Wimmers – Rochester Red Wings (Minnesota Twins)
- Stats (with Rochester Redwings): 19 G, 3.52 ERA, 5 SV, 23.0 IP, 20 K
- Has made six appearances with Minnesota Twin: 4.91 ERA with seven strikeouts in 7.1 IP
- Cleared waivers and accepted outright assignment with Rochester June 27.
- Picked up the save in two innings of work July 5.
J.B. Shuck – Rochester Red Wings (Minnesota Twins)
- Stats (with Rochester Red Wings): 73 G, .261, .339 OBP, .398 SLG, 18 2B, 3 3B, 3 HR, 22 RBI
- Back-to-back multi-hit games June 4-5 and June 29-July 1
- Batted .292 in the month of June with six doubles, one triple, one home run and 10 RBI
Brett McKinney – Indianapolis Indians (Pittsburgh Pirates)
- Stats: 26 G, 1 GS, 3.58 ERA, 37.2 IP, 34 K
- 2-0 with a 2.16 ERA and 13 strikeouts in 16.2 innings pitched in the month of May
- Fanned five in 3.1 scoreless innings June 10 vs. Columbus
- Has struck out 14 in last 12.2 IP
Jaron Long – Harrisburg Senators (Washington Nationals)
- Stats: 18 G, 17 GS, 3.25 ERA, 108.0 IP, 79 K
- Struck out seven in five innings of work in 2017 debut April 7.
- Fanned eight in five innings April 24.
- Tossed seven shutout innings to claim fifth win of the year June 1.
- Struck out 10 batters in six innings of work July 4.
Travis Lakins – Portland Sea Dogs (Boston Red Sox)
- Stats (with Salem Red Sox): 7 G, 7 GS, 5-0, 2.61 ERA, 38.0 IP, 43 K
- Assigned to Double A-Affiliate Portland Sea Dogs May 11.
- Struck out eight in six innings of work in opening start of season April 11.
- Fanned eight in 6.2 innings of work in final start for Salem May 9.
- Has made eight starts for Portland with 19 strikeouts in 30.1 IP.
- Placed on the seven-day disabled list July 4.
Ryan Riga, Winston-Salem Dash (Chicago White Sox)
- Stats: 25 G, 4.93 ERA, 34.2 IP, 36 K
- Posted a 0.74 ERA with 15 strikeouts in 12.1 innings of relief work in month of April.
- Struck out three in in one inning of relief work to claim the win July 10.
- Placed on the seven-day disabled list July 12.
Connor Sabanosh, San Jose Giants (San Francisco Giants)
- Stats: .265, .381 OBP, .324 SLG, 6 RBI
- Assigned to Class-A Advanced San Jose Giants April 2.
- Activated from the seven-day disabled list June 28.
Nick Sergakis, St. Lucie Mets (New York Mets)
- Stats: .250, .353 OBP, .458 SLG, 10 2B, 5 HR, 16 RBI
- Batted .261 with four doubles and three home runs and six RBI in the month of May.
- Hitting .300 with one home run, and four RBI in his last 10 games.
- Went back-to-back for home runs with teammate Tim Tebow July 5.
— St. Lucie Mets (@stluciemets) July 5, 2017
Troy Montgomery, Inland Empire 66ers (Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim)
- Stats (with Inland Empire): .283, .350 OBP, .456 SLG, 9 2B, 7 3B, 6 HR, 28 RBI, 7 SB in 60 G
- Called up to Class-A Advanced Inland Empire 66ers April 28.
- Currently on a 14-game hit streak, batting .419 with 18 hits, eight RBI, four walks and two stolen bases in his lsat 10 games.
Tanner Tully - Lake County Captains (Cleveland Indians)
- Stats: 15 G, 7 GS, 1 SV, 3.07 ERA, 70.1 IP, 72 K
- Made Captains debut April 10, striking out seven in five innings of relief work out of the bullpen April 10.
- Struck out a season-high nine in his six innings of work against the Lansing Lugnuts May 31.
- Called up to Double-A Akron and claimed the win, throwing six innings and not allowing an earuned run with one strikeout June 17.
- Struck out seven in his last appearance July 6.
— Accent Images (@AIPphoto) June 18, 2017
Ronnie Dawson, Quad Cities River Bandits (Houston Astros)
- Stats: .236, .324 OBP, .395 SLG, 14 2B, 2 3B, 10 HR, 32 RBI
- Recorded four home runs, three doubles, one triple, 14 RBI and seven walks in the month of April.
- Batted .264 with five doubles, four home runs and 10 RBI in month of June.
- Has recorded 12 hits with four RBI and three home runs in his last 10 games.
— QC River Bandits (@QCRiverBandits) July 8, 2017
Jacob Bosiokovic, Asheville Tourists (Colorado Rockies)
- Stats: .247, .301 OBP, .466 SLG, 15 2B, 8 HR, 24 RBI
- Hit two home runs and nine doubles in the month of April.
- Blasted a two-run home run in the bottom of the tenth to give the Tourists a 3-1 walk-off win over Greenville April 13.
- Had an 11-game hit streak from June 16-June29.
- Batting .270 with two home runs, seven RBI and two stolen bases in his last 10 games.
— MiLB.com (@MiLB) July 4, 2017
Buckeyes Drop Series Opener vs. Indiana