Former Buckeye Matt Angle returns to the program as the volunteer video coordinator for the 2018 Buckeyes. Angle, a letterwinner from 2005-07, was a two-time All-Big Ten selection, including first team honors in 2006. A 2007 team captain, Angle was taken in the seventh round by the Baltimore Orioles. Angle received his degree this past spring in sport industry after playing nine professional seasons with the Orioles, Dodgers, Marlins and Athletics. Angle resides in Upper Arlington with his wife, Jaclyn, and daughter, Payton.
See below for more notes on Angle:
- Led the Buckeyes as a junior with a .366 average, 53 runs scored, 37 walks, 22 stolen bases and four triples in 59 games in 2007
- Earned All-Mideast Region honors as a sophomore
- 2005 Big Ten All-Tournament Team
- Career batting average of .351 (tied for 14th in OSU history), 209 career hits (tied for 22nd all-time), 151 runs scored (tied for16th) and 60 career stolen bases (third-most in school history).
- Two-time Academic All-Big Ten selection
- Made his Major League debut on July 18, 2011, for the Baltimore Orioles against the Cleveland Indians.
Mic'd Up: Dean Hansen School of Lifting
Meet The Team Night Slated for Feb. 3
Buckeyes Unveil 2018 Captains