Ohio State Dance Team Tryouts
FORMS THAT MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO TRYING OUT AT THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
2016-2017 Ohio State Dance Team Tryout Information Packet
2016-2017 Tryout Schedule
QUALIFYING VIDEOS: April 1
Note: All incoming freshmen, transfer students, and current Ohio State students looking to audition for the team must first submit a qualifying video. Members of the 2015-2016 OSUDT do not need to complete this step.
FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST: Qualifying Videos Due (videos postmarked April 1 will be accepted)
FRIDAY, APRIL 8TH: Qualifying Video Results Sent
More information on this process is included in the 2016-2017 Ohio State Dance Team Tryout Information Packet.
Note: On Campus Audition is for those who have been invited to tryout after completing the qualifying video process or were a member of the 2015-2016 OSUDT.
Please bring following items filled out and turned in to the coaches on the first day of tryouts to be eligible to participate:
- COPY of letter of admittance to the University (incoming freshmen) OR COPY of advising report & Fall Semester 2016 Schedule (current students)
- Signed and Completed Medical Release Form (Page 6)
- Signed and Completed Athletic Participation Form completely filled out (Page 7)
- Note: Dancers must ave a valid physical to be able to partiipate in the tryout
THURSDAY- May 5th
Location: Sullivant Hall-Studio 290 (1813 N High St)
6:00 PM Registration / 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM Day 1
- Sign in / participation clearance by OSU administration.
- Learn Jazz Combo + Fight Song
- Review adjudicated technical skills
- First Cut (if needed)
- Sign up for interviews.
Location: Interview Location - TBD / Sullivant Hall-Studio 290 (1813 N High St)
9:30 AM - 1:30 PM Interviews / 2:00 - 4:00 PM Open Practice
- Interviews with alumni & coaching staff
- Open Practice
Location: St. John Arena
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM Final Evaluations
- Sign in / Warm Up
- Final evaluations (technical skills, individual combo, jazz combo and fight song)
2015-16 Spirit Squad Selected!