- CRCA Scholastic All-American
- OSU Scholar-Athlete
- Had a great first season on the range, finishing with averages of 573.4 in smallbore, 589 in air rifle and an aggregate of 1162
- Shot for the team in every event, including the NCAA Championship
- Fired a 579 in smallbore in his first collegiate event at Nevada
- Posted the first of his three season-high aggregates of 1171 at West Virginia behind a solid 593 air rifle
- Shot a season-high 580 in smallbore at Nebraska
- Matched that 580 two events later at UTEP en route to a second season-high aggregate of 1171
- Had a season-best 595 air rifle on day one at Air Force
- Also had a 595 air rifle at TCU and would finish with his third 1171 aggregate of the year
- Shot 590 and 589 in air rifle at the PRC Championship and NCAA Qualifier
- Finished the year with scores of 577 in smallbore and 588 in air rifle at his first NCAA Championship
Had only been shooting five years prior to arriving on campus…started his career at the Montgomery County 4-H Shooting Club…named Overall Champion at the 2014 NRA Conventional 3-Position Championship, setting four national records and becoming the youngest winner in event history in the process…earned his CMP Junior Distinguished Badge for excellence in three-position air rifle in 2014…won overall gold medals in both the 2015 Junior Olympics Smallbore 3-Postion Championship and the 2015 Junior Olympics Smallbore Prone Championship…silver medalist for his age group at the 2015 Junior Olympics Air Rifle Championship …member of the US Junior National Team…competed in his first international competition in Suh, Germany at the ISSF Junior World Cup where he helped the men’s junior team win a silver medal in smallborne 3-position…has a total of 6 national records in both NRA and USA Shooting.
Son of Bill and Cassandra… has one older sister, Kristin…hopes to continue shooting on the international level after graduation…his hobbies include playing video games with friends and watching movies…lists perfect shooting and being able to compete against high level competition as some of his greatest sports thrills.
Season Update 2 with Josh Black