Official news handle @OhioStAthletics debuts this weekend
Pat Kindig has been a member of the Ohio State Department of Athletics since 2002. In 2007, Kindig transitioned to external relations from athletics communications to act as a conduit between media, Big Ten Network and fan engagement as well as a connection between numerous branches of the department.
Many of Kindig's duties are comprised within New Media.
- Lead administrator for Ohio State athletics social media outlets, including the nation's most-followed collegiate Facebook account: www.Facebook.com/Buckeyes.
- Head manager of numerous Twitter accounts, including @OhioStAthletics and @Brutus_Buckeye, the most-followed official mascot in the NCAA. Additional platforms include; Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube.
- On-campus broadcast liaison for the Big Ten Network, coordinating telecasts, studio content and the Student U program.
- Works in conjunction with media rights representatives and corporate partners.
- Collaborates with athletics communications, fan experience and video services departments to best illustrate, package and distribute athletics storylines on numerous media platforms and in-event content.
In his first five years at Ohio State, Kindig was a part of the athletics communications department as the main media relations contact for women's basketball, men's and women's cross country, women's soccer, men's and women's track and field and wrestling, while also serving as the secondary contact for baseball, men's basketball and football.
Kindig previously was a research and production assistant at ESPN Studios in Bristol, Conn. In that position, he was a part of live game and studio productions for Major League Baseball, NCAA basketball, ESPNews, ESPN Sportscenter and other programs. He also spent a short time as a baseball contact for Hawai'i Pacific University.
A native of Akron, Ohio, Kindig is a graduate of the College of Wooster (Ohio) in 2000, with a communication degree. He also was a student-athlete on the football team.
First Varsity Eight Wins Title, Buckeyes Finish Second Overall
On to the Finals! Torpegaard Will Play for NCAA Title on Monday
Buckeyes Keep Title Hopes Alive at B1G Tournament
Buckeyes Close NCAA East Prelims in Fine Fashion
Haus Named to USILA All-America Third Team
Kelly Ascends to Share of 24th Place on Day Two of NCAA...