Athletes of the Week
Kelsey Mitchell, women's basketball
- Mitchell poured in 23 points on Wednesday night against Canisius to reach 2,000 points for her career. The Cincinnati native became the seventh Buckeye to reach that benchmark and she did so in just 79 games, the fewest of any player in NCAA history.
Trevor Thompson, men's basketball
- Thompson hauled in a career-high 17 rebounds and scored a career-high 17 points in Saturday's win over UConn. Thompson has now scored in double figures in three straight games.
No. 12 Women's Basketball (8-3)
- The Buckeyes collected two wins this past week against Southern (108-73) and Canisius (89-56).
- For the second time this season, Ohio State eclipsed the 100-point marker with a convincing 35 point win over Southern. Tori McCoy led the scoring charge with a season-high 25 points going a perfect 10-for-10 from the floor.
- On Sunday against Canisius, McCoy had another solid outing recording her first-career double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Makayla Waterman came up one rebound and one point short of a double-double with nine points and nine boards, and she dished out a team-high five assists.
No. 5 Wrestling (4-0)
- Five bonus point wins punctuated fourth-ranked Ohio State's convincing 30-9 triumph over No. 5 Missouri in front of nearly 3,000 fans on Thursday night
- The Buckeyes notched wins in seven of 10 matches, starting with redshirt freshman Jose Rodriguez's 3-1 decision at 125 to open the dual and Kyle Snyder's pin of Austin Myers in 4:32. In between, fans were treated to victories from true freshman Luke Pletcher, redshirt sophomore Micah Jordan, redshirt juniors Nathan Tomasello and Bo Jordan and sophomore Myles Martin.
Men's Basketball (8-2)
- Trevor Thompson collected career highs in points (17) and rebounds (17) to propel the Buckeyes to a 64-60 win over UConn Saturday evening.
- JaQuan Lyle chipped in 16 points, three assists and a career high four steals, and Jae'Sean Tate scored in double figures (13 points) for the ninth time in 10 games this season.
No. 2 Football (11-1, 8-1 Big Ten)
- J.T. Barrett was named one of the recipients of the Chicago Tribune Silver Football award on Thursday. This is the fourth Silver Football for a Buckeye in the last five years.
- Pat Elflein was awarded the 2016 Rimington Trophy, given to the nation's most outstanding center, on Thursday evening. Elflein is the second Buckeye to win the award joining the likes of LeCharles Bentley (2001).
- Elflein and sophomore safety Malik Hooker were both named First Team All-Americans by the Walter Camp committee, USA Today and The Sporting News.
- Junior H-Back Curtis Samuel earned first-team honors from The Sporting News as well.
Ohio State Athletics Schedule
Friday, December 16
- Women's Basketball, vs. Alabama State, 7 p.m. -- Columbus, Ohio
Saturday, December 17
- Men's Basketball, vs. UCLA, 3 p.m. -- Las Vegas, Nev.
Sunday, December 18
- Wrestling, vs. Northwestern, 12 p.m. -- Wadsworth, Ohio
👀📷 You in #TheShoe: Illinois 🏈
Buckeyes in the NFL - Week 11
BUCKEYE BEST: Nov. 14 - 20
W. Ice Hockey
Emma Maltais Named WCHA Rookie of the Week
The Greatest Rivalry