- Ohio State outscored Indiana 36-7 in the second half on Thursday night to win by a final score of 49-21 to open its season.
- Senior quarterback J.T. Barrett looked impressive as he was 20-of-35 passing for 304 yards and three touchdowns. He also ran 13 times for 61 yards and a touchdown. Barrett set his 24th school record (total offense) in the game with 365 total yards, giving him a school-best 9,211 yards.
- J.K. Dobbins set a school record with 181 yards in his first game, breaking the old mark of 175 yards set by Maurice Clarett in a 45-21 win over Texas Tech in 2002.
- Ohio State picked up two more wins over the weekend against Western Michigan (2-0) and USF (6-2) to remain unbeaten in 2017.
- Against Western Michigan, Meghan Kammerdeiner and Marissa Birzon found the back of the net within a six-minute timeframe to give the Buckeyes all they would need for the win.
- On Sunday night against USF, an offensive onslaught from six different Buckeyes gave the Scarlet and Gray a win. Eleanor Gabriel, Kammerdeiner, Lexxe Lipsey, Sammy Edwards, Sarah Roberts and Nikki Walts scored the goals for Ohio State.
- Western Michigan Highlights | USF Highlights
Field Hockey (2-0) | Louisville Recap
- Casey Cole's goal off a penalty corner in the first overtime gave Ohio State its first ranked win over a top 10 opponent since 2014 on Friday afternoon at Buckeye Varsity Field with a 2-1 triumph over No. 9 Louisville.
- Louisville Highlights | Game Winner by Cole
- The Buckeyes stuffed their opposition at a 4.00 blocks per set rate on Saturday, rejecting Oakland a dozen times followed by 16 sent back in the three-setter over Lipscomb. Lauren Witte was a part of 13 blocks on the day.
- Junior classmates Audra Appold and Taylor Hughes were named to the all-tournament team of the Sports Import D.C. Koehl Classic. Appold racked up 49 points over the weekend, attacking .388 on 46 kills. Hughes did a little bit of everything, stuffing the stat sheet with per set averages of 10.91 assists, 3.45 digs, 1.73 kills and .91 blocks while swinging .472 (19-2-36).
- Oakland Highlights | Lipscomb Highlights
Men’s Soccer (2-1-0) | Lehigh Recap
- Freshman Joshua Jackson-Ketchup scored two goals to help Ohio State knock off Lehigh on Friday night at Bert L. & Iris S. Wolstein Field at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.
- It was a memorable night for John Bluem to kick off Alumni Weekend as the Buckeyes sealed his 200th win at Ohio State.
- Lehigh Highlights
Ohio State Athletics Schedule | Sept. 4 – Sept. 10
Monday, Sept. 4
Men’s Soccer vs. Wright State – Columbus – 7 p.m. ET
Tuesday, Sept. 5
Field Hockey vs. Kent State – Columbus – 3 p.m. ET
Friday, Sept. 8
Field Hockey at Miami (OH) – Oxford, Ohio – 2 p.m. ET
Women’s Volleyball vs. Florida International – Conway, S.C. – 5 p.m. ET
Women’s Soccer vs. Notre Dame – Columbus – 7 p.m. ET
Men’s Soccer at Northwestern – Evanston, Ill. – 8 p.m. ET
Saturday, Sept. 9
Women’s Volleyball vs. Notre Dame – Conway, S.C. – 12 p.m. ET
Football vs. Oklahoma – Columbus – 7:30 p.m. ET
Women’s Volleyball at Coastal Carolina – Conway, S.C. – 7:30 p.m. ET
Sunday, Sept. 10
Field Hockey at Wake Forest – Winston-Salem, N.C. – 1 p.m. ET
Women’s Soccer vs. Saint Josephs – Columbus – 1 p.m. ET
Ohio State Readies for 2018 National Championships
John Bluem Announces Retirement after 21 Seasons as Ohio State Men'...
Parking Advisory: March 22-25
DiLorenzo Receives Oracle US Tennis Award
McNally Named Big Ten Athlete of the Week
Coffee With The Coach -- Greg Beals