Best Fans in the Land
Please conduct yourself in an appropriate manner. Our attitudes and actions not only reflect upon our individual character but also on the character of our university as a whole. As Buckeyes, it is essential to take the initiative to foster a friendly and welcoming environment for all, portray our university with the pride and respect it deserves. While you cheer on our team, please keep these ideals in mind and prove Ohio State has the Best Fans in the Land.
Outside of Buckeye Softball Field, possession and consumption of alcohol are subject to the laws and regulations of the State of Ohio and/or City of Columbus which state, among others: No person shall have in the person's possession an opened container of beer or intoxicating liquor in any public place.
Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted to be brought into Buckeye Softball Field. Law Enforcement Officers enforce all applicable laws. Complete State of Ohio and The Ohio State University alcohol policies can be found below:
Alcohol sales are offered inside Buckeye Softball Field. The following items are important to note in regards to alcohol sales:
- Guests possessing alcohol who do not have proof of being at least 21 years of age or guests passing alcohol to minors will be ejected and are subject to arrest.
- A maximum of two alcoholic beverages will be sold per person/at one time (depending on the event).
- Guests who appear younger than thirty-five (35) will be asked to show positive identification prior to being served. Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Any state's driver's license
- A state of Ohio identification card, or the "equivalent" from another state
- A US Department of Defense military ID card
- A United States or foreign passport, that displays a picture of the individual for whom the license, card, or passport was issued and shows that the person buying was then at least twenty-one years of age
- Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages into the facility; nor are they permitted to leave the facility with alcohol.
- Alcohol sales will end at the first pitch at the start of the bottom of the 5th inning. If deemed necessary, alcohol sales may be cut off at any time. The facility reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any guest.
Buckeye Softball Field and Levy Restaurants work hard to promote responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages by following the TEAM (Techniques for Effective Alcohol Management) Program.
Banners, Posters, and Signs
Banners, posters and signs are not permitted in the facility. You will be asked to return them to your vehicle or dispose of them upon entry.
Still cameras with changeable or additional lenses, any audio and video recording equipment, monopods, dual pods and tripods are not allowed to be used.
Images are for personal use only and may not be used for any commercial purposes and may not be re-sold without the express consent of The Ohio State University. Guests found to be using images for any commercial purpose or found to be re-selling pictures will be asked by The Ohio State University to cease and desist from using the images for commercial purposes which may be against NCAA bylaws.
Authentic Buckeye merchandise may be purchased at the Official Team Shop location at Buckeye Softball Field. For additional merchandise, please visit www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com.
Animals, except for trained dogs or service animals assisting guests with disabilities are not permitted in Buckeye Softball Field.
As a general rule, any items that obstruct the view of other guests or that can be used as projectiles, that interfere with the comfort of other guests or are deemed inappropriate/hazardous by stadium security are prohibited.
Guests are subject to visual inspection of person, parcels, bags, and clothing capable of concealing prohibited items. Guests may refuse inspections but management reserves the right to refuse entry. Guests that are found with prohibited items are subject to Ohio Law and/or ejection from the stadium.
The following items are NOT permitted to be brought into:
- Animals (except assistive animals for guests with disabilities)
- Cameras (still) with a lens greater than 100mm or changeable lenses
- Confetti, streamers, glitter, balloons
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pointers
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint
- Noisemaking devices
- Picnic baskets
- Sticks or poles
- Sports equipment
- Video recorders
- Wrapped gifts
Prohibited Behavior & Fan Code of Conduct
The following expectations have been established regarding behavior & fan conduct:
- Guests should be a positive role model for those around them. Guests will expect and encourage good displays of sportsmanship from fellow fans.
- Guests should conduct themselves in a manner that represents their University, their Conference, and the NCAA with honor, dignity, and respect. Guests shall not exhibit behavior that interferes with the enjoyment of the game or event by those around them.
- Guests should cheer positively for their team and refrain from taunting, threatening, vulgar, abusive, racist, sexist, or demeaning remarks or gestures directed towards the coaches, student-athletes, fans, staff and game officials. Threats include statements, actions and behaviors that could reasonably be foreseen as having a purpose to inflict physical harm, even if the person making the threat doesn't have the ability to carry out the threat. State of Ohio Disorderly Conduct Law
- Guests shall comply with all facility policies.
- Guests should sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested, should not stand on seats, should not stand in the aisles, should not enter the playing area and should not throw any items onto the playing area.
- Guests should follow all local, state, or federal laws and will follow the instructions of event staff. State of Ohio Open Container Policy
- Guests appearing intoxicated, inebriated or showing other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption or drug use may be denied entry and may be subject to ejection. Intervention with an intoxicated or impaired guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests should wear clothing without obscene or indecent messages. Guests will remove or cover up such clothing deemed offensive or obscene upon request.
- Guests should be responsible for their own conduct and the conduct of others who use their tickets.
The event staff has been trained to intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met. Guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest event staff member.
Examples of prohibited behavior include, but are not limited to: throwing objects of any kind; demonstrating unruly behavior; attempting to enter the field of play; engaging in behavior that endangers the safety of student athletes, coaches, officials or other guests; attempting to climb the goal posts; removing field turf; and/or taunting event staff, visiting teams and/or public safety officials. Nudity is not allowed, and all patrons must be attired in accordance with all state and local laws governing liquor permit premises.
Guests that do not adhere to stadium policies, the Code of Conduct, those exhibiting prohibited behavior, those that violate policies on multiple occasions, are subject to the following consequences: seat relocation, loss of ticket buying privileges, ejection from the facility without refund, letter of warning, and/or arrest. Students involved in such activities or other disruptive behavior will also be subject to disciplinary action through The Ohio State University Student Code of Conduct. The University reserves the right to not enforce, within the sole discretion of the University, prohibited behaviors based on the interests of public safety, operational or staffing considerations or any other consideration.
The use of all types of tobacco products (including and not limited to, cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, hookah smoked products, pipes, oral tobacco and nasal tobacco) is prohibited in all university buildings and on all university-owned properties, including parking lots, garages, and all outside areas. This also includes any product intended to mimic tobacco products, contain tobacco flavoring, or deliver nicotine other than for the purpose of cessation.
Resale of tickets, setting up a promotional space and/or distributing banners, booklets, business cards, circulars, commercial advertising, flyers, folders, handbills, leaflets, notices, pamphlets, posters, stickers, or any other written, printed and/or painted materials in or around Buckeye Softball Field without the permission of The Ohio State University Department of Athletics is prohibited.
Guests should contact the nearest usher or redcoat for assistance in seating locations, medical emergencies, or for anything else that might make the visit more enjoyable.
Two Ohio State Game Times & TV Networks Announced
No. 3 Buckeyes Head to Foxboro for NCAA Semifinal Matchup vs. Towson
All Three Buckeye Boats Qualify for Saturday's A/B Semifinals
Peanut Johnson Named to U.S. National Indoor Team
M. Track & Field
Bazile Punches Ticket to Eugene
Eighteen Buckeyes Set to Begin Summer Ball